Dumaguete Info Search

Best Dining in Dumaguete City - Your Opinions Wanted!!!

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Irenicus, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Gie Gies has good biscuits and gravy too. Had some there and didn't need to eat anything else the rest of the day. Fills you up.

2. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17
    Why do you block the name ???

3. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    I might be wrong about HappyCamper's post, but since about 6 of the previous posts were about Coffee Groove, with the rest about generic Bisc & grav, he was thinkin of Coffee Grove, which rivals almost any artisan coffee house in the states... he was just shortening the post instead of typing the name again...

4. SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Have you guys tried Hayahay Treehouse Bar and View Deck?

5. fritz

fritz DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +95 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Relaxing View Restaurant (Relaxing View Restaurant - San José, Negros Oriental, Philippines - Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant | Facebook) in
    San Jose opened some weeks ago and I tried it last Saturday!
    The Menu opens a lot of choices of very different kind of food and meals - I tried a Chicken Curry with Roti and my Wife had a Fish and was very happy with that choice.
    The place is really very relaxing and give you a brilliant view to Cebu.
    For me a good place for afternoon coffee or sandwich on my way home from the beach! :happy:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    hayahay has been a personal favorite of ours for years. others come and go, hayahay is always there.

7. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    Was having dinner at hayahay with my partener two
    Hayahay is a sh*t hole was having dinner there two years ago went to go to the cr took a wrong turn and ended up at the entrance to the kitchen, what I saw was beyond filth, dirtiest bloody place I ever laid my eyes on, came back to my table did not finish my meal paid my bill and left never to go back to the dunp again. Go there during daylight hours the place is filthy dirty.

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It can be a bit hit and miss with the service and food quality but I have never gotten sick from eating there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Not sure of course but should you make an unexpected visit to the kitchen in Hilton, Marriott etc. chances are you also will not believe your own eyes what you might see. Like Wrye83, though I am not a real frequent visitor of Hayahay, so far never had stomach or other food related problems after having diner there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Whitebear

Whitebear DI New Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O-
    The list is very personal I agree with names but I cannot make a list of what is best. My problem is that there is not a quality which is always the same, same problem with the entertainment of the staff. I am eating out more here, not occasional. I also tried to make a list but I concluded it not useful enough.

One time I found the Fillet Mingnon in Cafe Racer good, another time bad, I wondered if I ordered the same. And that happens more, even at Casablanca.

Best Filipino food Filipino's they will say Lantaw so there you are right. They come 2 hours drive to eat just there. But forget about the chaotic staff, willing but chaos. Mostly overloaded in prime time, not for nothing.

I wonder how you think we have Turkish food here, we do not have as we also do not have SHOARMA instead of shwarma. Always laughing about it. Original ..... haha never mind.

And it is also more honest to put them in their price range. Pasta King is very good but if the price is double it has to be double quality and that is not. Just what you want.

At last I read the list more seen from an American way of judgement, we Europeans have a little different taste.

But you can eat here pretty good in the area, much better than 20 years ago when we had only Why Not, Chin Loong and Jo's Chicken like that. And then the only fries were from MacDonalds.

• Like Like x 3