Dumaguete Info Search

Best health spa/massage in Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Herbalizer, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greymagic

greymagic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    There is a very detailed street map of Duma by E-Z maps, called Negros & Siquihor - available from the National Bookstore at the gates of Siliiman University at the end of Perdices Street, price 99 php. Bacolod and Siquihor island are also covered in detail.

Cheers
    Adrian

2. dba

dba DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried Thai Aroma across from Sans Rival Bakery near the Boulevard.

It was just an average full body rub for P250. The girl kept walking away and she finished early. When I got ready to leave, I offered P500 to test if they have change. Of course, the guy behind the desk gave me a dirty smile and said oh sorry no change. I gave him the correct amount and I would not go back.

The next time I go to DGTE I will try some of the other massage places. That was my first time and I was not sure if it would be a dirty experience. It was actually pleasant and seemed professional so I will try another place next time.

3. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Mr Shim,
    Union Jack put together a much enhanced version of the google map. You can find it on this forum by using the search function.

4. Krauty

Krauty DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe that the quality of the massage depends on the therapist and the demands on the massage for body and soul are also very different. The problem is to find the right therapist
    I tested different massage places in Dumaguete City and I am very satisfied with a therapist in Thai Aroma Massage, S. Jose St. next Chin Loong restaurant on Boulevard. Just ask there for FLOR. She also makes a great foot massage.

5. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Good morning "Krauty", are you interested in introducing yourself a bit before making an "Advertisement" for "your" workplace in an two year old tread...

6. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Is there a better place?

I have been to the Thai Aroma Massage as few times but probably will not go back. The problem I have there is with the constant talking and texting between therapist in the different "rooms" during most of the messages. I have even asked them to be quiet and it does not work. There is a sign out side stating to keep the noise down since it is a message parlor...but I guess the therapist can not read English. I prefer a peaceful quiet massage, so the constant native language disrupts my massage. The massage is not bad, but three times I have left frustrated with the noise, so I decide there had to be a quiet place.

I tried the Royal message (i think that is the name across from the Qualcom) and the message was good, enviroment was good. However it is more expensive. Thai use to be 200 P but seem like it may have gone up.

I went to a place across from the old Shakeys on the boulevard, and it was OK but nothing particularly exciting.

If anyone knows a better spot and is not just putting up "advertisements" please post.

7. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    .......or they do read English very well! :D

(Sorry. I couldn't resist :D)

8. Krauty

Krauty DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Massage in Dumaguete

Dear 'simple mind', please don't think so bad of mine.
    I am a German, more than 70 years old and live in retirement for the past 6 months in Dumaguete. When searching for a good massage, I noticed that some places were told by those in the forums they are good, I did not like.
    I just wanted to say that satisfaction depends on the therapist and the demands.
    I think that the bad experience of 'dba' above are no longer valid. They are still found on the Internet and are not fair to the employees which today do a good job.
    No one can say that a massage place is good or bad, if he has not tested all therapists. And the therapists will change also.

If you live in Dumaguete, we can gladly meet in a restaurant on the Boulevard and you will see that no one would give me a job as a massage therapist.

9. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Map of Dumaguete. I hope this helps'

Attached Files:

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ... don't underestimate the preferences of some here :wink:

as long it is cheap, we have a Cutie here, who would take your offer in the blink of an eye.

Having said this, what those Spa's here do has not much to do with a massage or a therapy. Not that it could be expected for a couple of peso.

"Young people squeezing and pulling bodyparts for money" would probably sound a bit weird on a signboard. The average education they received in this field is from someone who knows somebody from Cebu, who was in a traffic-jam and saw a poster of a Spa in Manila.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.