Dumaguete Info Search

Government & Education Best High Schools in Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by lhyn630, Apr 6, 2011.

1. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    A mind is a terrible thing to waste

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Thank you for this helpful post. Joke

3. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    It depends on what kind of education you want for your kid. Do you want your child to grow up disciplined? There are schools that specialize in this. Do you want your child to be trained in leadership? Academics? Godliness? the Arts? So far, I could not think of any school that offers the whole package.

4. Jopliniac

Jopliniac DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Basing on my "experience" as a college student in Silliman, i have seen and been with a lot of students from different schools, but the students, oops, the brilliant students who always stood up and shone bright in the stream of people in every class i've been are the brilliant students of Silliman high school (yes, BUT NOT ALL, only the ones who are in the first section, they are the really brilliant ones) and the students from Dumaguete Science High School (not sure, but are they the DuScians? I'm referring to the Duscians..because Duscians are really intelligent and smart-@ss people..)
    Don Bosco? Nah, i'm not really impressed to the students from there.
    Well, if you really want your nephew to be a bad-@ss Einstein like student, enroll him in a Science-Curriculum based school, like "science high schools". But if you really want a nephew that who will twice bad-@ss Einstein as ever, enroll him in a "Science High School" school. They are notorious for producing REALLY BRILLIANT STUDENTS! (but well well well, you've got to be also considerate which philsci school). But so far, the students (not all, but majority of them) that i knew who are from any Philippine Science High School are really really great especiall the maths and sciences.. English? uhm, yeah, doesn't matter. English is just a language, doesn't necessarily speaks how knowledgeable a person is through fluency of English. (could be an indication BUT...)
    So, yep, those are what i could think off. :D

5. markleob

markleob DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not surprised that most schools mentioned are private schools. However, I have to say SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOLS are better than any of these private schools mentioned. Almost all, if not all, of their graduates are really competitive. So in Dumaguete, Id go for Dumaguete Science High.

6. markleob

markleob DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah you are right. that is, maybe, because the super duper brilliant duscians don't go to SU. they are in U.P. but yeah i agree with you.

7. evrrrdy1

evrrrdy1 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess Siliman is the best in Dumaguete and the highest priced. I've had my stepson in two and both BS the grades so you think the kid is doing better than he really is. Siliman doesn't do that I've heard. They have so many applicants they don't have to sucker people to keep their kid in school there.

If I had the money and could start a school, I would pattern it after American schools leaving all the dancing and other unrelated to academics time consuming nonsense out. The teachers would do their jobs and not be lazy and some even stupid. English would be tested until mastered. Teachers who think they can blow off English would be fired. I have met so many high school graduates over here that don't know enough English to talk to anyone in that language that it is pathetic. It is attitude of teachers and it would not be tolerated.

8. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its really all up to the what the parents instill in the kids at home. My Korean friends daughter goes to Southdale, but her father tutors her in math and science because the teachers aren't good.

The daughter studies everything - all the time, and she'll pass tests in Korea to her finish high school early

9. Jopliniac

Jopliniac DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope, they are not in U.P!
    The "super duper brilliant students" from Duscians go to S.U and gosh, they do deserve the title!
    Two years ago (or a year ago), Silliman produced two Summa cum laudes, and one is from Duscian. He was the valedictorian of his class, so...... :smile:

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Best advice: if you want your kid to have a good education, send them abroad.....anywhere other than here. A 4 year college degree here is about equal to a public high school diploma in Harlem.

And to Japliniac: no Philippines college has ever produced a "bad-@ss Einstein like student".