Dumaguete Info Search

Best Meal I Ever Ate in My Life

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by PatO, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :thumbsup: Cheers Merv, I will send the "I'm in Charge" later when she has finished her days Play at Work :whistling:

JP:bag:

2. Dave199

Dave199 DI Junior Member

IT (for my sins in a prevoius life I guess)
    Ratings:
    +24 / 1
    Best I recall was a fillet steak in an Italian restaurant in Bloemfontein back in 1986. Didn't need the knife to cut the steak, pushing with your fork was enough.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Several years ago I had a gf that lived around Foundation University. There was a small mom and pop bake shop there that made some pretty awesome sugar-free bread (very thick, proper sandwich-making bread). It was actually some of the best bread I have ever had. I haven't been there for years so who knows if it is still around. It was right before the bend going North. See picture:
    (The little floating guy is the location....screen shot won't take a picture of my mouse)
    Screenshot from 2015-02-18 17:21:47.png

I also used to get some sugar-free bread at the market in Valencia. This was usually found at the big sari x2 store on the corner next to the meat market. Though that is rare as well.

Screenshot from 2015-02-18 17:30:10.png

At times I also found decent bread at Hypermart.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Canadianized

Canadianized DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +224 / 27
    Are you serious? Scotch and coke?

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Seems to be a popular beverage now, Not for me, maybe a jack Daniels or Southern comfort but not Scotch, waste of a Good tipple

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mogo51

Mogo51 DI Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 7
    The only additive necessary for scotch, is several small blocks of ice! If you drink it iwth coke buy the cheapest you can find, because you cant tell the difference.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425345003,1425344723][/DOUBLEPOST]Still on the important topic of food, I see most of the recommendations are o/s or western cuisine. Is there good Filipino restaurants, side stalls where the food is of excellent
    quality? My gf made me chicken adobo and I loved that. Had a couple of Filipino meals during my previous stays, but none of them were memorable, so stayed with western.

My top 3 everL
    1. Chill Singapore Mud Crab, Chinese restaurant East HIlls
    2. Smorgasbord at Gold Coast Hotel, New Territories, Hong Kong - sensational
    3.Porterhouse steak in Portugal many years ago, like others, no knife needed!

• Like Like x 3
  7. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    A friend recently brought me a bottle of The Macallan, fill the glass with ice and pour. Very nice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Had great fish and chips and cold beer with friends at Mike's Dauin Beach Resort tonight. Best F & C I have found in the area.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Best meal I ever ate in my life was Lobster with peppered butter, hint of garlic, drinking Absolut Mango Vodka with 7up...Virginia beach VA...... good old USA.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    YEAH... I understand what you mean. I hate it when I f*ck up a seriously freshly poured coke over crystal clear ice with the bubbles going up my noise by pouring in some scotch. :wink:

• Funny Funny x 2