Dumaguete Info Search

Finance & Legal Best place to get deed of sale for a car?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Gabrielle_K, Mar 29, 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    Thanks Gerry we'll check it out when the time comes! Ya in Bacolod deeds of sale are dirt cheap

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    I used Florence-can't remember her last name- second floor of Obdullas Hotel across from the cathedral. Think it was 2000 p

4. OP
    OP
    Gabrielle_K

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    You're assuming an attorney will charge you less because you've done the paperwork yourself-but in the end they'll charge you the same probably-and attorneys appear to be the only notaries available

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Gabrielle_K

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    Florence's secretary told us 3% ! Weh

6. OP
    OP
    Gabrielle_K

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    Attorney Dorado told us today that the current flat rate is p1000-which is probably the best we're gonna get. So it all worked out thanks again Gerry

7. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I had an attorney draw up and notarize a limited power of attorney so someone else could sell a vehicle that I gave them. It cost 500 php. Something much more difficult to draw up than a deed of absolute sale. I don't recall the lawyers name but the office was about a block from the To Go office North of the pier and the lawyers office was above a bake shop.

8. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I have a comment related to the issue but not sure it's on topic but here goes. When a vehicle is being sold a lawyer knows an uncommonly large amount of money is changing hands. Basically that money is in play and they want to grab as much out of the pile as they can. So the fee is not based on the work done, but on the value of the deal. Many people draw up a contract/ bill of sale and leave a vehicle in the previous owners name. I wouldn't be pleased with this as it may open me up to liability as owner of record. Lawyers have a monopoly on being notaries in the Philippines and like most monopoly they abuse the situation and all you can do is shop it around for best price from the lawyer. Just one of the downsides of living in the Philippines.

I won't suggest it as absolute but I believe poor Filipinos do not transfer the registration on vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I understood that the fee for notarizing a document is P200, and that's what I paid in connection with selling my vehicle. (But the first time I needed a notary, for another matter, for his fee he asked "Whatever you want to pay", and I paid P500.)

Here the fee for a sales seems to be P100, but this may be out of date (2014), as set by the Supreme Court.
    Notarial Fees Allowed by the Supreme Court | Carpio Dela Cruz Ingente Law Office

But when selling my vehicle, we brought to the attorney a form that I had downloaded and filled in with the buyer. That's the extra work for which the attorney will charge above P200.