Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing Best scooter for the money?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Princeton, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think the Kawi Rouser goes up to 220cc? GUD Motors had a 600cc scooter if I remember correctly but not sure what brand that was. I wouldn't quite call something with a 600cc engine a "scooter" though.

2. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I had a 500cc scooter back home in Vegas. It was a Piaggio MP3-500 and had a nice smooth ride. Loved it and hated to sell it, but didn't ride it enough to justify keeping it. Wishing I had it here as the locking front forks (3 wheels) meant I never had to put my feet down on the pavement, even when stopped. :smile:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Kymco do a 125,150,400 and 600cc and all available here in gud motors.
    A friend of mine owns a 400cc but says it's not so good as the 125cc around town.

4. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yamaha has the TriCity version of that bike although only in a 125cc. I have seen a couple around town.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The Yamaha TriCity doesn't have locking forks. For me, that was the primary reason I wanted a 3-wheeler. Putting my feet down at a stop light or intersection was uncomfortable.

6. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Both, Honda & Suzuki have scooter models in production up till 650 cc. I suggest you contact the importers to find out which of the models are available here.

7. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    You can buy a fairly nice car for the cost of the larger water cooled scooters. If one were to want one of the bigger scooters I would say the SYM GTS/Joymax evo at an honest 250CC gives good value for the cost. If I bought a bigger and much heavier liquid cooled scooter I expect that the parking attendants were going to drop it at some point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have been looking for an automatic for the wife with enough oomph for me to ride also. Just saw the Yamaha NMax. 155cc, disk brakes front and back with ABS, fuel injection instead of carb, liquid cooled, and at 14.9 horsepower it has 50% - 75% more than the 115cc and 125cc models from any manufacturer. Price I saw was p118,000 NMAX - Your New Ride in the City

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Doesn't look too bad. About 45 Lbs more weight than an average air cooled, not 45 kilos like some of the larger scooters.

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    ABS is about worthless in this country IMO. My BMW has abs and it does absolutely nothing for dirt/sand on the roads here.

• Informative Informative x 1