Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Best way to direct deposit monthly Salary from U.S. Bank to a Philippines Bank Account

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Pigbelk007, Aug 18, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    Pigbelk007

Pigbelk007 DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +28 / 4
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank you so very much for this great information. You made life a lot easier for me today by reducing my stress level just think on how to go about doing this with least amount of complications.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You're welcome!

I just hope that what the PNB in LA told me is really true and that they can and do pave the way in the Philippines for a local account there.

Do let us know how this Wells Fargo and PNB linkage works or what your experience is like.

I'm departing from the US to the Philippines in Summer, 2016.

So I definitely want to know your Stateside experience!

V/R,
    nwlivewire

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Very trustable bank.!
    What surprises me is that they could have helped you further I feel.
    I had my PNB account in Madrid ( Spain for 4+ years.) I paid my Wife's money into that account by transfer each month and she had the ATM card to withdraw here, Now as we already know whilst it is not Directly linked Country to Country, Transferring was easy, although it was a closing of Madrid and reopened in Dumaguete with a Transfer of funds. Which by the way stands you in good Stead as having a PNB International account before( I got my MC straight away, no waiting the 6 months as normal) All they needed in Dumaguete was a sample Signature and proof of ID's ( all done on my Passport)
    I believe I closed it on a Wednesday and I flew from Madrid that night and by the Following Tuesday I was up and Running, in the Philippines.
    Like many things, if you go about it in the right way Things become a little bit simpler.
    As always here, Mileage may vary

JP :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Pigbelk007

Pigbelk007 DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +28 / 4
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Will do and we'll be arriving a short few months ahead of you so I'll be either receiving my monthly salary or living on the streets panhandling.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thank-you Jack for posting your experience with PNB in Madrid, and then how things worked with PNB after you arrived in the Philippines.

I'm thinking - based on what you have reported - is that for me, I can set up a Wells Fargo account (US FDIC insured) and auto-deposit a pension there.

Then, transfer what I need to have to live on in the Philippines to the US PNB branch (Los Angeles) account, who can then send/transfer most of that money into a PNB Philippine branch account after I arrive and set one up.

As all the transferring of funds from Wells Fargo to the LA PNB will be over the computer (after I make my first US "live" transfer request), I imagine this process can cut out quite a bit of intermediary fees, monies can become available to me in the Philippines with little delay or wait time (24/48 hours), and, if I can open the LA PNB account several months before I arrive in the Philippines, my access to a MC will also come sooner rather than later.

I'm thinking I may not want to close the LA PNB account, but leave it an open and active account so later on, should I return to the US and leave money in the Philippines (like deposits), I'll have a Philippine bank to transfer those funds to back in the States. And thereby minimize the intermediary fees and lag time of receipt of funds coming on the back side, too.

I'm sure there are a few more ways to skin this cat, but so far, the Wells Fargo and PNB linkage seems to be a good one for safety, security, and ease of use.

It's reassuring to read you have had good results with PNB. I will pursue this option in a few months.

BTW, PNB in the USA is NOT FDIC insured - hence my hesitancy in keeping much money in the PNB.

V/R,
    nwlivewire

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015