Dumaguete Info Search

BI in DGT City burned down!

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by fritz, Jun 1, 2018.

1. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I so do NOT want BI to move to Robinsons. It feels like Robinson has been trying to move all the various government connected offices in there which means less stores and less chance of something good actually coming in. Just think how it started with SSS and LTO, then came along Norecco II office, Pagibig, DFA (think its DFA or whatever agency it is that gets Filipino's their license). Its supposed to be a shopping mall, not a government services mall.

I'm betting they are charging to high of rent along with I know they are turning down various business's that would compete and likely destroy the Robinson's buddy stores and food places. Turk's somehow managed to squeeze in but they turned down an business plan from a foreigner who wanted to add in a decent Shawarma and kabob place because the owner of Leylam Shawarma whined he'd go out of business because far better quality for very little more in price.

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I am not sure if you mean charging high rent to the store owners (probably) or to the government agencies (I don't think so).

Every article I have read about government agencies moving to a Robinson's Mall brags about how it is Win Win because Robinson's gives free rent to the government agency and in return gets a bunch of new customers who have to come to the mall to get their business done.

Here is an example. SSS offices in Robinsons malls, a win-win says Dooc | Philippine Information Agency

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If they do I really hope they bring those incredibly comfortable couches and chairs along with them. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 7
  4. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yeah, those chairs...I remember briefing my daughter what to expect and to “behave well” by not looking around shocked, keeping her head down and keep a kind face instead of an excited cheerful one and refrain from talking in Japanese.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    They certainly dont want you to get comfortable in dumaguete bi.

6. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I don’t mind comfort that much. It’s just that the couches didn’t look clean at all... would have preferred bamboo or wooden benches.

7. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    there are paperwork warehouse in manila that cover a hundred hectares.. fifty stories high and ten stories deep.. building more every day.. rumor to be administered by the Estrada Famalia.. paperwork is very important because documents can be buried deep and can disappear or if needed appear... but Duterte says it is cheaper than linking the lslands with a system that would bring the Philippines into the 21st century... cited that this would make things too transparent for the Mindanao Triad and the various drug lords on the other islands.. and the communications media would stop sending cash contributions to the cause... cause they like being an oligopoly... and being able to charge someone for using their lines..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128

about 15 years ago POS marketing caught fir and burned everything in that quarter block area, except,...

bi!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  9. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Seems to be a trend. Filipino renos?

10. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Ok, i checked that posts and still have a question ?? DID THE BI MOVE TO ROB'S or is that just a suggestion from Mr. Peterson... ?????

PS, note the whole front entrance is being redone. My GUESS is that the space is for more kiosks. Jasmine and the other plant people were moved to the back. ...