Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info BI orders foreigners to report v2014

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by daanlungsod, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Whatever works, but I'd much prefer to see this permanent fix rather than a legally questionable solution that only lines some individuals pocket.

Is there some way to make this offer public? It shows our willingness to cooperate and support the Philippines in the spirit of bayanihan.

2. DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At some level, being too public about it might be counterproductive. My opinion is it to just find out what is the exact equipment needed that is lacking, learn its cost, then approach the director of the local branch and speak to him or her about it, making the offer in that same spirit of good will. If the director agrees, there needs to be some control in place so that the funds are not somehow lost. A shipment that requires the signature of two people might be a good idea. How much could that card reader cost, and is that all they need to process this stuff? What else do they need?

3. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    add another

DavyL,
    I have another person interested in being added to the list, so put me down for 2, so far. He is going to let his friends know, so I may have more to add later.
    I see some interested in buying needed equipment for our local office. For starters, that won't help for this year, so they may as well get on the list for this year and we can look ahead for what needs to be done for the next years....

4. DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just for clarity, do you mean Saturday, January 25? I sometimes get "this Saturday" and "next Saturday" mixed up, myself.

5. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    That's not thinking Asian, you practically push them against the wall and force them to do it our way, it's to late for that now, they have the sent already in their nostrils...

6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The reason why Dumaguete cannot do it is they are not online even if we provided the equipment for this, they will be online next yr!

7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    No I mean sat 18 th jan.

8. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    As far as I know all will be done for the php 1500 fee at the moment. It will be done in Cebu. My wife will pick up the official reciepts one week from processing and bring them here.

9. DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank you. I hope it all works out for everyone involved, but I gotta say, the whole thing sounds fishy to me!
    best luck and thank you for sharing.

10. DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What do you mean by "online" ? So, we give them a year of internet access, too....is that all it means? I understand that it is probably too late to do anything about it this year, but I was thinking more of a long term, permanent solution good for all involved. Hybrid solution, anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.