Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info BI orders foreigners to report v2014

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by daanlungsod, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    If anyone does not want to proceed with this,that's fine. I will not make a penny from this,I am just trying to save everyone time and stress of going to Cebu or Manila. The people I know are legit but as I mentioned it's up to the individual person to make up their mind! Cheers.

2. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Please count me in. Noted, 18th January,Saturday and Where's the meeting place and the time too.

3. DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Davy I hope you see that I did not suggest that you would profit anything. I am only stating that from my point of view, you propose to get a bunch of expats together essentially to bribe a public servant of the Philippines B of I in exchange for preferential treatment, and I question the wisdom of that course of action. Maybe I missed something somewhere in this thread? Rhetorical question lang! Also, I don't think it is necessary that you specify "If anyone does not want to proceed with this, that's fine" because you never tried to strongarm anyone into doing anything....so it is already obvious that only those motivated to go along with the idea will go along with the idea. I wish you good luck and I for one am very interested in knowing the outcome!

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    You are talking about supplying a computer for the office, internet connection, as well as an IT expert sanctioned by BI to connect them into their network. Having it done by next year seems highly optimistic.

If you don't want to attend, simply don't. Go to Cebu or Manila.

Larry

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    There is no bribe here, if they come here they will take a day or two out of their own time to do everyone a favour by saving money and the stress of going to Cebu or Manila. If anyone wants to sit in Cebu for hours and travel there and back probably with a night in a hotel,you are welcome but I'm sure there are many here that don't want to deal with that!
    Would you do it for free? You know how things work here!
    The last time I was there all I needed to do was get a stamp in passport and it took 5 hrs,I was there first also so take your pick! :smile:

6. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thank you, DavyL

I, for one, wholeheartedly appreciate this effort. Some people who question that the BI has officials that actually do this, need to read up on the ARROW program: Foreigners

I assume this, or another authorized agent of the BI/Cebu, will be the ones conducting this process?

Of course, I would like to see the process completely handled in our BI office here, in the future.

7. DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't necessarily want to think Asian or to think not Asian. I'm inclined to think about how to keep my expat a$$ out of jail while I enjoy my time here in the Philippines.

Seems to me that some here are proposing to bribe. Another says, "its no bribe, read up on this program" , well, ok, if anyone says it is not a bribe but instead something acceptable per some authorized program, please provide a link so that the rest of us might read about the program, too.

But outside of that, what can I do? I'm a member of the forum, too, right? I gotta say my two cents, what was proposed seems fraudulent. and who among us having even half a brain would put himself on a list, documenting his own participation in the fraud?

I'm one who enjoys being corrected when I'm wrong, so, if I'm wrong here, somebody please correct me. I want to be wrong! Or , put another way, "I could be wrong, but I'm not." :smile:

8. DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not really about whether or not I would like to attend, Larry.
    it's not about me at all.
    it's about the idea.
    I do not know what it would require, that is why i asked.
    Thank you for your response,
    John
    p.s. Larry, I never said to supply a "computer'. I suggested a card reader. I then asked whether anyone knew if anything else would be required.

9. DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "If you don't want to attend, simply don't. Go to Cebu or Manila."
    With that one comment from you I learned to be more circumspect in my assessment of your character from this point forward.

10. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    clickable link ARROW

I did provide a link so you or anyone else wanted to read, if you clicked "foreigners" in my previous post, it would have worked, but click one of these -----> Foreigners, http://balita.ph/2012/12/12/bi-launches-new-alien-registration-scheme/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.