Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info BI orders foreigners to report v2014

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by daanlungsod, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I have also heard today that tourist visas have been extended to three years without leaving the country and also without any of those time wasting lawyers letters after 16 months!
    Maybe someone can also confirm this!

2. Princeton

Princeton DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 13
    Please God dont let this be a false rumor...would be soooo nice! :confused:

3. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I, too, have recently heard of the 3 year extension of tourist visa. Maybe someone can get a definite answer.

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Great news on BI. Just last Friday I went to DGTE BI for the annual renewal for my permanent visa and was told I had to go to Cebu - no mention of a potential local solution. I got a copy of the new 4 page form. Glad I didn’t take off for Cebu right away. They told me I have 60 days to renew and that there is a 200p fine for every month thereafter if delayed renewing, so no great rush to get it done.

5. Black Abbot

Black Abbot DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    really old news.... 9(a) visa

24 months for visa-required nationals
    36 months for non-visa required nationals
    no changes for onward ticket

6. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I have a friend in AC who was a few months over the annual renewal, and they nailed him for it (he had some local issues and got unpopular with someone local with a bit of pull, so this was the way they got him) - ended up costing him quite a bit more than the 200 a month...

Same goes with overstaying, you only got a "kind of small" fine for each month you are overstayed when you turn yourself in to pay - unless they nab you, then you are in deep shite...

I have been late before, wont say it never happens again, but I like NOT to give them any excuse to mess with me :-)

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Not so old news here in Dumaguete, it was only announced on Monday

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Yes Dave, this was announced on Monday from Manila, Cost for extension, Beyond 16 months, will be 3.140 php per 2 months extension.
    I was Told all this by the BOI Staff this Afternoon at 4.50pm

JP

9. Black Abbot

Black Abbot DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM 2013-003 was approved and published on 23 December 2013. The press release followed on 27 December 2013.

please get your facts straight !

That you and/or others here are not capable to follow updates of requirements you better should follow as a guest in a country is certainly not my fault.

so before correcting me, check what you talk about and get the facts straight !

google can be your friend ...

10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    NO one is correcting you at all you at all, I merely answered a post with information, I was Given at BOI Today,. So just get a little life, without the Acid Mouth. Your type of Crap, is not needed here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.