Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info BI orders foreigners to report v2014

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by daanlungsod, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    With the loss of revenue at McDonalds sounds like the boycott has already started!
    Just a reminder this is the season to be jolly :dnr:
    With bombs going off, revolutions taking place, etc etc in this crazy World, as was pointed out,what's one beer a month to expats?
    I think you might be surprised just how much OSW send home to families.
    So cheer up lads count your blessings instead of your money, it's later than you think.
    PS.....All the best for the New Year.....JB

2. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Yes Guys, be meek and humble under the rule of others and wait patiently for your turn (something I am not able to do myself while in traffic here), wish you all, all the best...

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    How many people have tried the new forms at Dumaguete immigration? Has anyone got their report or got fed up with waiting! Was chatting to someone at the mall today who had been there this morning,their words were we all have to go to Cebu now for the annual report!
    This will be a real pain in the arse and also everyone from Cebu and surrounding islands will have to go there also so it will be a nightmare.
    It would be nice to have this clarified?

4. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    From the official BI website:

BI ADVISORY SBM NO.2013 -007

Notice to all Registered Aliens Re: Annual Report 2014

In line with the forthcoming Annual Report 2014, all registered aliens shall within the first sixty (60) days of every calendar year report in person to the Bureau of Immigration Main Office at Intramuros, Manila, if residing in Metro Manila, or to any of its Sub-port, District, Field/Satellite/Extension Offices, if residing therein or nearest to your place residence, pursuant to Section 10 of R.A. 562 or the Alien Registration Act of 1950.

The parent or legal guardian of an alien who is less than fourteen (14) years of age shall have the duty of reporting for such alien. Failure to comply with the provisions of the Alien Registration Act of 1950 is subject to administrative fine and/or imprisonment, at the option of the Commissioner of Immigration.

Please bring original ACR I-Card or paper-based ACR and duly accomplished application form in making your annual report. You may download AR application forms at our website at Home for your convenience.

For your information and guidance.

December 12, 2013.

I cannot see any requirement for foreigners in the Duma area to report to any other office than the one we have here.

Vicmico

5. OP
    OP
    daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    go to Cebu now for the annual report ??

If all foreigners disappeared tomorrow few would notice and fewer would miss us. Like the tricycle drivers say to my wife, "you're just a fly on a carabao".

The expensive imported food at the supermarket is there for the rich hacienderos and mercados, no thought for the long-nose. The property in Valencia will remain in local hands when the old foreigner slips the other foot into the grave.

The ACR I-Card was intended to avoid all this, including the need for an exit certificate. I'll wait until other foreigners more important than us battle with this latest insult, perhaps some order will emerge. In fact, why are holders of Immigrant Visas not serviced by the Tourism or Retirement Authorities instead of the deport-happy BID?

I'm over 65 and it says I can send a helper to register, what about the notary and thumbprint requirement?

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration?hc_location=stream

More than 2,100 foreigners made their annual report to the Bureau of Immigration (BI) during the first three days of registration in different satellite offices nationwide, Commissioner Siegfred B. Mison announced yesterday.

Mison said the policy is in compliance with Section 10 of Republic Act 562 or the Alien Registration Act. It also aims to strictly enforce compliance of the immigration law in the interest of national security, public safety, and public order.

He also explained that the annual reporting helps the government determine whether a foreigner is still residing in the country or has already left.

Under the latest BI Memorandum, it prohibits travel agencies, law firms, and other entities transacting with the BI from accomplishing the application form or paying the corresponding application fees on behalf of their clients.

Mison said aliens making the annual report should bring their Alien Certificate of Registration I-Cards, Certificate of Residence and official receipts of the annual report fee paid during the previous year.

He reminded registrants to fill-up the four-page renewal form before going to immigration offices to avoid necessary delay. Foreigners could go to any BI satellite office in the country to register which usually takes only about five minutes.

As of last Friday, a total of 1, 084 foreigners reported in BI main office in Manila; 238 registrants in Makati; Cebu District Office has 123; Clark has 107 registrants; 81 in Davao; Quezon City with 43 registrants; Batangas office has 33; and Baguio Field Office has 25.

On the other hand, 18 foreigners registered in Butuan City; 17 in Iloilo; 16 in San Fernando, La Union; Dagupan field office has 14. However, in Ologapo field office, only 12 foreigners have reported since last weekend while Clark Satellite office has only one registrant.

“We encouraged all foreigners to have them properly registered for their own protection. You have 60 days to file your annual report to the nearest immigration offices in provinces and cities,” the immigration chief said.

An application fee of P310 is required as part of the requirements for reportage. If a foreigner fails to file an annual report within the 60 days, a P200 penalty will be imposed every month.

Non-compliance may cause a foreigner’s visa to be cancelled. Violators may also be deported if they fail to comply with the annual reporting.

Under the said memo, foreign nationals who are under 14 years of age or about 65 years old, imbecile, staying in a penal institution, or confined in a hospital are not required to appear in person.

Those who can show sufficient proof of physical incapability to report in person can also send a representative to apply.

-djtp

6. OP
    OP
    daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    DavyL200 is correct, we have to report to Cebu BID for the annual report. Reading further on the BID Facebook page I found this:

rlene Sanchez Why do we have to go to Cebu or Manila or Iloilo to pay for Annual wherein there is an existing office in Dumaguete? Are you going to close the BI dumaguete?
    about an hour ago

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines Dear Ma'am,

Good day! Only the BI offices with ACR I-card capturing facility can transact the Annual report process, the office in Dumaguete is still operational but it has no facility to cater the Annual Report. You may do the process in the offices posted above.

Thank you and God bless!

-AMTP
    about an hour ago

Arlene Sanchez thank you..it was a big hassle though:(
    about an hour ago

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines You're welcome ma'am.

7. DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've only been here in the Philippines for ten months.
    I respect and enjoy the privilege that the Philippines B of I extends to me.
    But I am also fed up with the "show biz", I wish it were more simple, if for no other reason than for the sake of simple guys like me.
    I am starting to think that the easiest way to deal with all this drama (though arguably not the cheapest way) is to come into the Philippines and enjoy your free stay, then:
    Then, when required, get your ACR card.
    Then, leave the Philippines before the time when your departure would require any exit clearance.
    Then, come back in again, reset the clock.
    I haven't put a pencil to paper on the costs, but , talaga?
    There's something to be said to using their own rules in a way that is best for you (or me) and not them.
    As for me, I have to confess, I have no head to keep up with all the details, and the fact that the details change so often, it gives me stress.
    Yet at the same time, I find myself up against their deadlines almost all the time, it gives me stress. I came here to get rid of stress in the first place.
    At some level, my continued stay here should be deemed counterproductive by me.
    But I'm not yet informed enough to say whether that is so.
    Time for a new workup, a new sharpening of the pencil, if you will.
    Just my one peso worth of thinking out loud among others who share the same concerns.
    Respectfully submitted to the forum, if anyone here wants to flame me because of what I have written, please don't, instead please reconsider whether or not, at least to some extent, we wear the same shoes.
    John

8. Black Abbot

Black Abbot DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As toutist you need an ACR-I card after 59 days, that would become quite costly if you leave each 2 month. A border-hop in other SEA countries would be for that more convenient. Some countries become more and more attractive compared to the PI

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    One has to wonder, are They going to close down, the Field office here in Dumaguete?? It certainly appears this way to me!:confused: The way things are going, I for One (1) see no reason, for it staying openO-|

Apart from:rolleyes: the collection of Extention Extortions:D

JP:p

10. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    I hope the "Camber of Commerce" Guys are having a go at this, like the did in the past, but I am afraid that BI has the longer stick in this game...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.