Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info BI orders foreigners to report v2014

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by daanlungsod, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    SM, we need our Embassy's, to be looking at all this, I sometimes Wonder, WTF they actually do :confused: I guess just Dinner Parties, Jollies & such :rolleyes:

2. Black Abbot

Black Abbot DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if one gets millions of peso from a few thousand of foreign student- and tourist visa extensions, why mess around with 310 peso and questions of permanent residents ?

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It's just bollocks, it will cost a packet to get to Cebu, then there is the waiting time which takes forever and maybe even an overnight stay all for a measly 310 peso report fee! This country needs it's arse kicking, who the hell thinks up this bullshit!

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Take your Pick, They are all, Filipino Civil servants

View attachment 9870

Of Course, No one will Admit anything, Usual Answer," The In charge is at Lunch or at a Seminar :p

JP

Attached Files:

5. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    I was waiting that somebody else would bring this to attention but time is running...
    In 2005, when this ACR/I-Card game was started, all permanent visa holders were asked to report to the BI in Manila (not sure about Cebu), at that time I knew an Australian retired Navy Officer with name of “Peter Smeets RIP” who was a friend and neighbour of myself and my wife, he was an energetic old man and he managed to get a team of BI Officers and their hardware here to Dumaguete where at the residence of a Swiss expatriate in Balugo many of us paid a fee (I think it was 2000PhP, but I could be wrong) and had our photos and fingerprints taken...
    Maybe somebody would like to pick this up, no, sorry, I am not good at such stuff...

Many more Foreigners here now, so, many more to pay a fee in order to have it done here...

Something else that should be brought to the attention of the concerned offices, who had the great idea of getting the visa holders to print out the forms on their own expenses, so that BI can save some more money for the upcoming Easter Party...
    But did not realize that most people have “Inkjet” printers, many “Inkjet” printer inks are “NOT” “WATERPROOF”, I asked once in an Notary Public's office, why they used a inkjet printer for documents, like “Deed of Sale” and other important documents, I asked them if they knew that the document I just had paid for, maybe destroyed if it got wet enough, they told me to make a Xerox copy and that their copy was safe in their office and I could get a certified copy any time...

6. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I stand corrected, I was not aware of the latest blurb from BI on this matter (just got it from my FB page).
    I will contact my Embassy and see whether they can come up with a sensible answer/solution (although I doubt that). I will keep the forum members informed.

Vicmico

7. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Maybe they should use some of those 310 pesos and 000's Pesos Visa Fees to equip that Dumaguete immigration Field office with a ACR I-Card capturing facility ( I presume they already have a Computer ? ) What a palava..O-| ( What is the use of having that card if only the bigger city immigration offices can read it )

8. DumagueteJohn

DumagueteJohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes, i know about the 59 days, I know about the ACR card. `As I said in my original post, I have been here for ten months. thank you for your input.

9. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    An alternative to going to Cebu - 10 year social visa

In a recent Yahoo new article : The 15 Best Countries To Retire To In 2014
    The No. 3 retirement haven is Malaysia.
    In Asia’s top retirement destination, English is widely spoken as the unofficial first language, making it easier for North American retirees to transition. It is also exotic and far away—but “incredibly affordable,” Stevens says. “Talk about a place where you can step up in your lifestyle without blowing your budget! Malaysia is a place where you really can embrace a first world existence for $1,700 a month.”

The country offers a program called “Malaysia My Second Home,” which allows foreigners to stay on a social visa for 10 years, and is renewable. Stevens says if and when you move to Malaysia, a ‘medical tourism’ destination, you can count on excellent care that’ll run you less than half of what you’d pay in the U.S. “Plus, unlike elsewhere in Asia, in Malaysia you can buy property, land, houses and condominiums freehold.”

It may even be more fun in Malaysia. Philippines did not make the top 15 country’s list. Thailand was number 10? Maybe the President Aquino should read the article.

10. OP
    OP
    daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    The World’s Best Places to Retire in 2014

The World

The yearly International Living report is widely read and the competition is open to all. If this country was serious about competing for retirees it would have happened long ago. Lip service mostly, like Nutrition Month, Sports Month, and so on in the schools.

Like other families we know with a Filipina mother we're here for the education, English language (mostly) for our kids at a cost we couldn't otherwise afford. We're grateful for that but otherwise would be attracted by Panama and Ecuador or even Mexico.

Malaysia not so, some reading will expose some dark realities. A small sample: Old issues, new eruption | Inquirer Opinion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.