Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info BI orders foreigners to report v2014

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by daanlungsod, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Is there some way that us residents here in Dumaguete, do not have to go all the way to Cebu City, just to file our annual report and pay the 310 pesos ??..Miguel

2. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    I am sure that you will stand up to your words when the time comes but you should not compare yourself with others that are only trying to live out the rest of their lives in peace and just want to get by...

I already made a suggestion how to handle it in a way that was accepted by BI before and only cost us a reasonable amount in order to spare us the hassle of traveling to Cebu or Manila, I am sure most would appreciate it this way and never mind we loose some face in the process...

3. Larry_H

Larry_H DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    "In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves." -- Carl Sagan

just want to get by...

4. Black Abbot

Black Abbot DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you certainly never lived anywhere close to the Philippines for a longer period of time the last 5 - 10 years. not talking about some 2 month tourist stay to sort out asawa papers. good luck.

@ sntmig
    not anymore as of now according to BOI, unless you are 65+, in a clinic, not mobile etc..

not sure where the price estimate on previous page of 3-4k plus overnight stay comes from, but all can be done within 1 day Dumaguete- Cebu - Dumaguete for around 1.5k and that includes transfers and snacks. still a strenuous, unpleasant trip, though.

5. Larry_H

Larry_H DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Is it your habit to make foolish assumptions or is this something new you're trying out?

6. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    I have heard that there is a BI facebook page that we all could bombard that could make a difference, but we should be polite and not rant, we should point out our frustrations the inconvenience, the costs involved in travel etc. and point out the money we are spending here without redrawing on it.

7. Larry_H

Larry_H DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Excellent idea! And you are absolutely right about the not ranting or emotional outbursts. Anything that is done on an concerted or individual level must be respectful and professional in it's tone and substance. Screamers get ignored. Thoughtful, logical arguments might(???????????????????????????????) be taken seriously. If so, great, if not, then other legal and peaceful means can be employed.

For example...they want all foreigners to come to the office to fill out this form and re-establish their file, even though it is a PIA and should be unnecessary...they aren't capable of handling this at local and district offices......what would the Cebu BI office look like if thousands of foreigners all showed up at the same time on the same day? Yes, a huge inconvenience for the foreigners...but would it have an impact?

8. OP
    OP
    daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    The Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration offers some links like Locked Up Abroad | Locked Up Abroad and Philippines "Shameless" Immigration which one should read before ranting too loud O-|

9. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I made a polite comment to their facebook page about this issue. I did it about 24 hours ago and can no longer find the comment. I did not notice any other comments over 24 hours old so perhaps they delete the ones they don't like.

10. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    ok so maybe we need numbers to bombard them until they reply, as far as I can understand every comment made here or on other forums seem to be able to be searched in google, so even if we grumble here it just might get out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.