Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info BI orders foreigners to report v2014

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by daanlungsod, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I'm usually in Cebu once a month or so anyway, so I will just wait and see for now. Maybe by that time everyone will have gotten it all down pat for me, or even better yet until it just goes away kinda like the helmet law...

:rolleyes:

Larry

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    The response that Vicmico got is precisely the response that everyone is likely to get from their respective embassies. Immigration and the rules surrounding it are deemed to be part of the laws of the land, and diplomatic protocol prevents any challenge to the laws of the host country. You can of course voice your opinions and make your concerns known, but embassies in general, and ambassadors in particular, would not take it any further than "making a note of it". A far better tool to use, where you can vent your spleen anonymously, are some forums and the internet as a whole. Writing letters to national newspapers, both here and in your home country, can also have a telling impact. The Ministry of Tourism here say that they welcome feedback !!!!! and it seems that everything that the Tourist Board do to attract visitors, is counteracted by the machinations of Immigration. Few in this country understand the difference between an observation and a criticism, and if you raise an issue about immigration practices with the Tourist board, then your cover is blown, and that, my friends, is a smoking cannon.

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Contacting one's embassy about this would be about as effective as calling the Red Cross if your house was on fire.

Larry

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
  5. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  6. OP
    OP
    daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Some history on the ACR I-card

Our governments intervened on our behalf back when this scheme was implemented, under the umbrellas of the American and European Chambers of Commerce. There was much more in the news then, a search finds this:

Past News | Philippine American Chamber of Commerce
    19 January 2005
    Letter to the President Arroyo concerning I / ACR card
    The American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines, Inc.

(As I recall this was to oppose the then yearly-renewal requirement)

http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/Pdack035.pdf
    INVESTMENT CLIMATE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
    (ICIP) Phase II Final Report for March-June 2007
    August 8, 2007

Quote:

A success during ICIP Phase II was the issuance by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) of
    Memorandum Order No. RMA-2007-001 extending the validity of the Alien Certificate of
    Registrationidentity card(ACR I-Card) to five years at the original cost of US$50 per
    family member, which culminated a 3-year long dialogue between the JFC represented by
    AmCham and ECCP with the BI to make the ACR I-Card a useful reform rather than a
    costly red tape annoyance to alien residents ofthe Philippines.

Evaluation. At the end of Phase II, one year after the initial call by President Macapagal
    Arroyo to reduce red tape, there were some reforms (e.g., ACR I-Card extension and the
    signing of the Anti-Red Tape Act), but the overall prevailing bureaucratic behavior and
    mindset remains unaltered. The considerable cost of excessive bureaucratic procedures
    represents a continuing drag on business efficiency in the country.

End Quote

7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    What eludes me is why cdo and Iloilo are on line and can do the annual report and Dumaguete are not! I'm pretty sure there are more long term visa holders here than in both of these other places.

8. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Try to "think" Asian, and understand that it's a matter of "Money", if we offer them, say 50 visa holders that are willing to spend 1500PhP each, that were mentioned, one needs to travel to Cebu, I am almost certain that someone in the BI will get interested in the 75'000PhP that's to be collected...

9. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    That may work! :smile:

10. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    It seems that persons of 65 or older are excepted!!

GUIDELINES FOR THE CONDUCT OF THE ANNUAL REPORT 2014

WHEREAS, Section 10 of R.A. 562 or the Alien Registration Act of 1950 and existing regulations required all registered aliens to report in person to the Bureau of Immigration (BI) or to any of its offices within the first sixty (60) days of every calendar year.”

WHEREAS, there is a need to strictly enforce compliance of the law in the interest of national security, public safety and public order pursuant to the mandate of the Bureau as a law enforcement agency;

WHEREAS, there is a need to consolidate, modify or amend existing rules and regulations to eliminate confusion and delay in the annual report and provide prompt and efficient service to the public;

NOW, THEREFORE, pursuant to the rule-making power of the Commissioner of Immigration under Section 3, C.A. No. 613 or the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, as amended and Section 29 and 36, Chapter 6, Book IV, Title III, E.O. No. 292 or the revised Administrative Code of 1987, this Memorandum Circular is hereby issued:

Sec. 1 Short Title. – The Title of this Memorandum Circular shall be “Guidelines for the Conduct of the Annual Report 2014.”

Sec. 2 Coverage. – All registered aliens shall appear in person and pay their annual report in the amount of P310.00.

Sec. 3. Appearance in person; Exceptions. – all aliens are required to personally appear for the annual report.

However, this rule maybe dispensed with in the following cases:

1. When the alien is below 14 years of age or 65 years of age or over;

2. In case the alien is insane, an imbecile, incompetent or of unsound mind. A medical certificate issued by a private physician and verified by BI medical physicians shall be submitted as proof of such condition;

3. In case the alien is confined in a penal institution or hospital. A duly notarized certificate and/or certificate of confinement from the medical institution attesting to such fact shall be submitted;

4. Other physical or legal condition making the appearance in person of alien impossible with sufficient proof attesting to such fact;

5. When the alien is out of the country provided he/she pays within thirty (30) days upon arrival in the country;

6. When the appearance in person is waived by the Commissioner or his/her duly authorized representative.

No other circumstance shall justify the non-appearance of the registered alien.

Sec. 4. Documentary requirements. – The registered alien shall bring/submit the following in making the annual report:

Original ACR I-Card or paper-based ACR; and
    Duly notarized and accomplished application form
    Sec. 5 Duty of ACO’s. – It shall be the responsibility of the ACO’s/Heads of District, Field and Extension Offices to submit weekly and monthly reports to the Alien Registration Division on the actual numbers of aliens who made the annual report for paper monitoring.

Sec. 6. Monitoring. – The Alien Registration Division (ARD) is hereby directed to monitor and strictly comply with the foregoing Rules.

Sec. 7. Repealing Clause. – All rules, regulations and issuances inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed, amended or modified accordingly.

Sec. 8. Effectivity. – This Order shall take effect immediately.

December 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.