Dumaguete Info Search

big yellow buss

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by alex, May 10, 2015.

1. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    mate we have to be slow and quick, and smart enough to know which is which and when.>>>>lol:confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Another big yellow bus.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    alex

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    The story says that it was a bus from Dumaguete to Bacalod 1 peraon dead 2 in hospital and many injured .

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    But who was at fault? It's impossible to say from the pictures. From the looks of the pictures it appears there were was some extremely excessive speeds involved. Much faster than the 80kph speed limit on national highways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Easy solution, all Ceres buses should be fitted with a Tachograph and inspected weekly by LTO or LTFRB. Loss of operating licence might force a change.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    We take busses on a consistent basis, the wife likes to be towards the front and I look at the speedometer when up front. I have never seen the bus get past 80kph, most seem to max out around 60 with traffic, for us that is 64-36 mph.

I don't disagree that some of the bus drivers can be in a bit of a hurry, most seem OK; the bikes and trikes that have no lights and operate day and night is something that should be addressed.

Shawn

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Nutz2U2

Nutz2U2 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +269 / 29
    Hi Everybody,

I do have to agree the BIG BLOODY YELLOW buses make me their "b*tch" everytime. I let them pass and overtake.
    They do travel with a distinct purpose - get there and get there on time. I am hoping it is for the customers and not some bonus system.
    For the most they appear to be professional drivers, capable of handling the vehicle.
    Same as you would / could / might say about semi-truck drivers that used to rule the "other" world we all came from.

Some are brilliant, some are good and some are bad. Like with everything. Unfortunately in these cases is involves other peoples lives.

What concerns me "in all reality" are the amount of FILIPINOS and FOREIGNERS, who drive their cars with supercharges and turbos, overtake at the craziest moment with instant speed and then have to slow down - and then remember there are no superchargers or turbos attached to the brakes to slow them down at an instant.
    Driving 1/2 in the wrong lane ready to pounce to get in front of you - and then pull over 100m later to drop someone off or go shopping on the side of the road.

Bikes without lights. Without mirrors. Hands full of shopping. Texting while being in gag-ga land.

That I see again and again. Makes me stark raving mad - road rage in the making - or heart attack - whichever comes first.

Bloody wifey just sits there calm cool and collective - unaware of these potential dangers that SOME of us drivers do note.

Anyways my 2cents worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I'm sure the majority of us see the road warriors the same way Nutz does. I thought after all this time here I would get used to it. WRONG, I GET PISSED OFF EVERY DAY!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    alex

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    lol, more fun in the philippines, the motor bikes get up my nose the worst followed by peddy cabs the the BIG suvs with the tinted windows that think the own the road big black or white ones are the worst

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Right, they should be primer black with skulls and spikes attached. A flame job would be cool, but it would be even cooler if it shot out flames from pipes on the side. Thinking Mad Max here.

• Funny Funny x 2