Dumaguete Info Search

Bike theft in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Mark K, Jan 27, 2019.

1. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Depends where you plan to leave your bike and when along with if its chained up properly. Never leave it out overnight that isn't in a locked gated area of course. If any part of it can be easily stolen it has a chance to be stolen. The bigger worry imo is where to ride a bicycle safely. A few ride on main roads but how people drive to be that annoyingly slow person on the side may be a bit suicidal. I'd personally avoid it but that's me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TD3725

TD3725 DI New Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 6
    Why in the world then if there is no theft here won't my insurance company insure my motorbike for theft??? Is it that too many false claims were being made in the past where the owner says it was stolen? COULD BE. We'll never know.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Get a better insurance company.

4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    The comment immediately above yours states "Never leave it out overnight that isn't in a locked gated area of course. If any part of it can be easily stolen it has a chance to be stolen."

In my limited knowledge of the English language I think he was saying that unless the owner takes precautions then theft IS likely.

5. TD3725

TD3725 DI New Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 6
    My insurance company said the theft occurs in broad daylight in the Dumaguete town.

6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Probably - and the same in most towns all over the world. 'Lock it or lose it' is, I think, the slogan oft quoted.