Dumaguete Info Search

Birdie Num Num Brewery

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Dickin'sCider, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Kilam63

Kilam63 DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Retired
    Ratings:
    +135 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Very cool! Which styles did you get and please post a review on the taste!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I am not a beer drinker so my review will likely be of little use to anyone who is familiar with and enjoys it. My goal is to get "tipsy" at a value, with a preference for rum.

With that being said; I ordered one case of Juicy (the strongest option) and one case of Ginger Beer (the lowest alcohol content). The Juicy beer is quite stout, a bit bitter and tastes like a strong IPA? The Ginger beer tastes like a somewhat light beer with ginger in it, has a spicy aftertaste...as ginger tends to do. So tastes as advertised? (I don't know how to describe beer, sorry.)

I think the quoted alcohol content (6.6% and 4%) is a bit low as I got pretty tipsy off of 2 of the IPAs and one ginger beer were I can normally down 1 liter of Red Horse in the same time frame without feeling much of anything. It seemed almost as if I were drinking that Diablo beer from 7 Eleven (15%). No matter, the point is to get a buzz and it achieved that goal faster than expected. Satisfied customer here.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Anybody know the business hours? I went there this morning 9.15 (MONDAY) I live close by so waly problema.
    I will Phone up later this afternoon.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Send a message first, they needed an hour or two to bottle my order.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I picked some bottles up yesterday. 5x Juicy and 5x Ginger beer. The juicy has very hoppy flavor and seems stronger than 6.6% maybe 7%.
    Wife loves the Ginger beer, it's got a kick to it and 4% maybe a little stronger. I will try the other beers, someone bought most of them on Sunday. Not mentioning any names. :shifty:. Going to try the cider when they have time to make it. Recommended by wife and I.

• Informative Informative x 4
  6. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Got two cases today, I knew few of the variations from back in the days when going out for drinks and food was still a thing. Fridge looks suspiciously similar now to what was posted already earlier :smile:

If you want a refreshing, lighter, not so hoppy beer, give the Kuan (4.2%) a try.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hey now,I thought the minimum order was 1 case per flavor. The Juicy case was for myself and the Ginger case was for my gf, who refuses to believe she is allergic to alcohol...so ended up being donated to me after she, yet again, broke out in rashes after trying to drink.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Has you gf tried SM non alcohol beer, my friend says it tastes OK.

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    She wants the buzz that alcohol gives but has a reaction to most forms of it, with tequila bring the most tolerable one for her. Might be interesting to run an experiment with NA beer (with her thinking it has alcohol) to see what happens. Maybe some sort if placebo buzz without the side affects could be achieved. Lol

• Like Like x 2