Dumaguete Info Search

Biryani Point, Bacong

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Mark K, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Cool, Turkish coffee as well? Things in Duma are looking up. All we need now is a genuine tapas cum platas joint and I’m in 7th heaven. Um, Morrocan and something v. Greek/Syrian/Turkish/Lebanese...with a wine list pud. Wake up C!!!

2. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    Biryani Point now has a new restaurant in the city, as well as the Bacong one. Sited on EJ Blanco Ext. Same owner/cook.

Sampled prawn biryani and chicken Madras today and as per the original. I asked the owner how he is managing two sites and ensuring the quality is the same at both. He said he prepares all the ingredients himself for both sites and then it is cooked to order. He has employees that have been learning from him for eight years, so trusts them also to do things correctly. He was very clear about making sure that the menu and quality is identical at both sites.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. EandN

EandN DI Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 17
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Mike, What's your opinion of the quality of this restaurant? Any feedback for the group?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  4. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    There has been a lot of feedback already on Biryani Point Bacong restaurant, I believe, mostly positive.

I have no complaints. I have been to the Bacong restaurant three times and the Dumaguete one sampled once so far was the same taste and quality. I have only tried Indian food in one other joint in the area and BP is superior, in my opinion. May well give Spicy Food House a go soon, though tend to go for Thai there.

As mentioned, the owner is very obliging and will do his best to accommodate your particular taste. The only thing I could fault from the recent visit was that after stressing twice to the staff member that I wanted a Madras, but with the heat turned up towards Vindaloo, I got a standard Madras. That did not happen when the owner was there 100% of the time to oversee. That's something to watch for, but minor detail. The owner did arrive, a short while after we ordered and after the meal I mentioned this to him and he went into detail about the different type of chillies used in Vindaloo sauce.

Wife enjoyed a prawn Biryani, as she's not a chilli fan.

just over PHP1k for two dishes (I got a naan bread with mine and shared the wife's rice), two soft drinks, both ginger/lemon and three poppodoms with chutney. Not bad at all.

They do not sell alcoholic drinks. Not sure if you can take your own, if it's what you like to do. I did not ask.

Will return there.

• Informative Informative x 5
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I'm not keen on very spicy food and I think Pasanda is quite mild - but I have never seen it here.

Does anyone know of any restaurant here serving Pasanda or why it tends not to feature?

6. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    In Bayawan there is (Hazula Outdoors) Apparently the fine Owner will prepare any Indian dish you pre-order. This is from Trip Advisor>
    Amazing spot at the beach! Good to swim and eat!
    It was my first time to be part of a "food experience". The owner asked me what food I like, when I made my reservation and we discovered our common love for Indian dishes. He promised me to prepare my favourite dish: Dry Bhindi Sabzi! So when I had my "food experience", I was served with a delicious dry fried okra, chickpeas hummus and roti!

Added note. Would imagine that any Indian Restaurant would at least consider making the dish for you so call in and inquire! Biryani contact 0975 444 8001 open 10am

- https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/Rest...ty_Negros_Oriental_Negros_Island_Visayas.html

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2023