Dumaguete Info Search

Bravo Golf Course

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by OzeMike, Apr 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    gimme golf anyday, i have been playing for over 35 years, I know beggars cant be choosers, IMHO Ang Tay is a p*ss poor offering for a golf course, played there 3 times, 1st two times i wouldnt take a caddy 3rd time, i took one, jesus what a joke, on 2 holes he wouldnt walk to the tee with me, just handed me a driver and wondered off the down the fairway himself , ( i ran him off), played close to everyday in america (10 years) australia (6 years) and here in china not as much but hit the driving range maybe 4 times a week, the only difference between bravo and ang tay is the distance, one is just as woefully bad as the other, and for what you get both are a rip off....im a fully qualified master teaching professional.but i dont teach for money..........love the game inside out, but when im home in amlan i pass Angtay coming and going from dgte and when i 1st came to philippines would get a knot in my stomach passing the place, now i wouldnt even turn my head to look there

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I have several American friends who play Ang Tay 3 times a week. Being most are in their 70’s they do it for exercise and camaraderie (beers afterwards). They seem to accept the course for what it is. Most have been here a long time and have pretty much maintained their health. I wish I was able to join them.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Bacolod has some decent courses...though they are quite proud of their courses and charge an arm and a leg for a round.

4. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Ang Tay is a fun place to have a game. The guys that play there are also fun guys and have small comps among themselves for a small bet between them. Nothing big, just enough to buy a couple of beers which is what social, and I emphasize, "social" golf is all about, So stop your winging Shotshapers. As for the caddies walking off down the fairways from the tee, what do you want? Them to hold your hand. Most of us usually lose sight of where our ball went. Maybe you a just too good for that. We like our caddies to find our ball for us and some of us appreciate the little bit of help they may give to the lie before you get there hahahaha. (Naughty naughty! Have fun mate. Loosen up.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :meh: Well, that was unnecessary.

Caddies are kinda there to hold your hand. They are supposed to know and tell you the distance to the hole that helps with selecting the correct club, fix your divots, handle the pin, carry your clubs, etc. They are supposed to stay by your side. Ball spotters are a different job all together...usually hired during tournaments by the course to speed up the game play (or you can hire a second caddie on individual games).

You know you are supposed to keep it in the fairway, right? Makes it much easier to keep track of your balls. Ang Tay is one of the easiest courses I've ever played. The entire course is pretty much a fairway. You pretty much just have to keep it within the boundaries of the golf course to hit a fairway. Or I suppose you could just play with partners with good eyesight. :tongue:

What I don't like about Ang Tay is the straight fairways (back and forth game play), lack of hazards/challenge and horrible green maintenance, which makes putting with any sort of accuracy out of the question (perhaps they have improved the greens since the last time I played). Ang Tay is a fun course if you are just out for a social/drinking golf experience. I recommend knocking down at least 3 beers before going out on the course. It really helps mitigate the irritations mentioned above and makes it a significantly more challenging course. We shouldn't be knocking people who are looking for a more serious game and challenging course. Ang Tay is what it is, some people are going to like it, some are going to hate it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Would like to join that group of social golfers at Ang Tay.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    Your posting showed it as a reply to PatO, when you actually replied to Shotshapers comments. Anyone not noticing that may have thought you were INCORRECTLY telling PatO to "loosen up". Perhaps you took your eye off the ball.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Philpots

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Oooops

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Philpots

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Fair comment

• Like Like x 2
  10. Philpots

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Turn up any Monday, Wednesday or Friday around 7am or just before.

• Like Like x 3