Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Bread Flour or Wholemeal Flour

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by artpepper88, Dec 14, 2015.

1. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    They offer Rye bread for sale at Chicco's deli which is part of the same building where Why Not Disco is located on the Blvd. Maybe ask them where they get their flour from?

2. OP
    OP
    artpepper88

artpepper88 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    Ah, yes. I know that place as Yan Yan; bought some Wholemeal and Multigrain flour there last week... Thanks.

3. OP
    OP
    artpepper88

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    The 50/50 mix of multigrain and plain worked quite well - best results so far, and I'll try the 1/4 and 3/4 mix next...

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    artpepper88

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    Sure. And at the very least buy a loaf of Rye.

5. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I forget their schedule but they only offer certain breads on certain days. But you place an order for what you would like and FYI they are open on Christmas and New Year's day also.

6. Steffe

Steffe DI New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Well me and wifie are starting to plan for our emigration to the philippines.. less than a year left now..(takes time to sell our stuff and house)

We thinking of 3 places.. San carlos (Great city in north of negros ferry to Cebu)
    Santander Cebu (50 mins from Dumaguete in a good day) and Dumaguete itself.. Wife from Cebu and carcar.. we are going on our 8th year now and going strong..
    Saving recipies from sweden and relatives.. Like Baking and cooking both of us. We actually did some result with tiny 2000 peso owen bought in gaisano carcar and lowcost wheat bread.. little like panriche (sorry for the spelling if it's wrong) cutting out the sugar make the whole difference.. Still Our white bread have SOME content of sugar lite 5-10 grams but most of it is consumed by the Yeast fermenting.. If your bakery is not rising.. add a teaspoone or two to feed the yeast it would not taste when eating..Both my wife and I are trying different recipies to "guard" our favourites moving abroad.. test cooking them as we speak..

We brought home some powedered milk.. and powder eggs to Sweden.. Made some decent pancakes of it.. hard to tell the difference on frech igridients..
    Both thick american style and the thin european style ones with jam and cream.. Guess we can sell that for fun..

• Like Like x 1