Dumaguete Info Search

Builder Recommendation

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by PatO, Jan 28, 2022.

1. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Sent you PM

2. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I think another issue is local experienced talent is spread thin, particularly if the builder has many work in process projects. My first house here 11 years ago, for example, had a tile roof. The builder had one experienced tile roofers and 3 OJT to learn.

Attached Files:

3. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Sir I beg to differ with you? for the most part you are always very accurate with whatever you write about here and I have much respect for you, you and Skipjack are perhaps two of the very best posters here that can be relied upon for accurate information, you both make sure all the i's are dotted and all the t's crossed. However I do think in this instance you are missinformed of what really does go on here in the building trades.

I know of an Architect who told his client once your plans are passed you can do what you want here, others that have built in the same area as myself concurred with this.

Now I will give an another example, PatO writes about his build and I know this has been built with a company that has a good name, but there is one big failing with his house, his Septic tank has been constructed with CHB he freely admits this, This is so wrong CHB should never be used below ground, Concrete should always be used for any underground structure and especially for a Septic tank, I would hazard a guess that it was done using Premium portland cement again this would be wrong, Pozzolan blended is the right choice for Septics. In the past I have written on this very subject here in the past, it can be so easy and fast to build a Septic in concrete if you know how and not all that more expensive perhaps a few thousand only, maybe it will at P20 per M2 on the price to build and it will last a hundred years no matter how many Big Mac's pass through it?

I do get the impression that you have never had a house built here? I drink with a German Carpenter who has been involved in three housebuilds here and that includes my own and both of us are of the opinion that this REALLY IS the Wild West here where building is concerned.

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    lol, you address the septic tank build while bypassing the quality builds

5. DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.

6. DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Sorry Sir if I offended you, I'm sure you have a lovely house that has been well finished to your liking. but understand this; Many Builders here are Magicians, they provide a lovely finish to a house and give the illusion that it is a quality build, you can never tell what is under that icing on the cake?
    Now I'm sure this house will outlast your short lifetime and give you no problems, after all you are like myself an Old Coffin Dodger?
    You suggest I'm finding fault on one small issue and that the rest of your house exudes quality? Well as offensive as it may seem I would suspect any Builder that will build a Septic in CHB, is likely not considering the structural intergrity of everything else in your house build? I would suggest his major focus is only to pass on a nicely finished house to his customer?