Dumaguete Info Search

Exit Clearance Bureau of immigration exit clearance change

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by DavyL200, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Sounds like a massive improvement from the last time I got one. I had to have crap notarized, all kinds of copies, bla bla bla. Glad to see they stopped the nonsense in Cebu.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wildlands1

Wildlands1 DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +133 / 27
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Search Forum...OK, got it. Silly me..

• Like Like x 1
  3. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Last year I got what I believe to be a pre check in Dumaguete for the exit clearance after 6 months in country. They stapled a strip of paper with a clearance number on it in my passport so immigration at the airport could look it up and clear me immediately. The bad thing is immigration at the airport kept asking me if I had any more paperwork because they were looking for that strip of paper that Duma BI stapled in my passport and the airport immigration didn't look through my passport which I had handed them, so I couldn't look through it. It was eventually discovered by the airport BI but it was an uncomfortable 30 minutes with my flight departure approaching before it was found.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    That was your SSRN number which is now on your ACR card so theoretically no need to keep the slip of paper stapled to the back of your passport but Dumaguette BI told be to keep it stapled there "just in case".

5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Last month when I was at Duma BI getting a renewal, I asked about exit clearance. According to 2 of them at the time, they do not do it and referred me to Cebu or Manila. Maybe if more members ask while getting your next renewal they might see a need to offer it here, or at least have the same answer every time.

6. robert k

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I wasn't going to get my exit clearance until the airport BI found the number Dave and I mentioned. It may not be the exit clearance but you need it to get an exit clearance and it is done at Dumaguete BI. I had been in country just under 1 year.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    "The Bureau of Immigration says foreigners without clearance certificates 'comprised 33% of travelers' barred from leaving the Philippines"
    “It is unfortunate that we have to deny the travel of our foreign friends, but we have to implement the law,” BI spokesperson Elaine Tan said in a statement.
    BI reminds departing foreigners to get clearance
    They know it is needed....but they aren't the policy/law makers.

:shades: That's just not possible. You never really know when they are going to decide to allow ECCs to be issued out at the airport. One day there will be a sign at the airport saying you can get one before you fly for a price 3 times more than what's listed on the BoI website, which then every expat that wasted half a day at an immigration office will take a picture of and then go post online, and then the next week the sign disappears just as fast as it appeared (and with just as much notice) and everyone that saw the picture online gets shafted when they walk up to the window thinking they are going to get an ECC.

It's really just not worth the risk to go to the airport without one. ECCs and return tickets (which almost always end up getting thrown away by me) are annoying, even more so when you have them and no one asks to see them :hopeless:, and a bit of a hassle but they are a bargain compared to what you'll end up paying if you get caught by the wrong person without one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    Do you mean now that a Exit clearance can be now obtained at the BOI here in Dumaguete instead of going all the way to Cebu.....??

9. robert k

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    No, I am saying that if you have been in country for more than 6 months but less than a year, the BoI will take your biometrics and I think they are supposed to do a background check to see if there is any reason to hold you in the country (or a reason to expel you) and they give you a number that will basically get you an exit clearance on demand at the airport as long as you have not been in country more than 1 year.

If you lose that number and it is not linked to your ACR card, and I am fairly certain mine wasn't linked to my ACR card because I gave airport immigration my ACR card but they still needed that slip of paper before they would give me exit clearance, you can not get exit clearance at the airport.

You get the actual clearance at the airport but you will not get clearance at the airport if another BoI office has not already laid the ground work with a background check.

If you have been in country less than one year you can get exit clearance at the airport....if a BoI office has already checked you out.

If you have stayed more than one year, your background check from the BoI Dumaguete office will have gone out of date and you will need to go to Cebu or Manila/Davao to get a new background check and exit clearance.

That is best I can think of to explain it and I hope it helps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    yes thanks understand now