Dumaguete Info Search

Exit Clearance Bureau of immigration exit clearance change

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by DavyL200, Apr 20, 2015.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    What is it you have to ask them for? When I was at BI in Duma two weeks ago and asked about exit clearance they said go to BI Cebu or Manila because they don't do it here. Might be just another YMMV and I asked on the wrong day or after lunch instead of before or something.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    OK, so let me try and Explain, Dumguete do not to ECC but they do the ARP ( Alien Registration Programme) this where they do the Bio metrics, This is normally done at the 6 month stage and that is the where the Little piece of Paper comes in, on your next ACI. That number (Unique to you) will be on your new card. Now if you do not have a new card or lose that slip, you will not get an ECC as they will not be able to Find you on the System. Usually at the 6 month Extension they will put a Stamp in your pass port to say you now need an ECC to leave the Country.
    Anyone not having done the ARP has a good chance of being Fined if they show up at Cebu or Manila without your SS number. We were warned about this Last year and they gave us some Leeway to get this Done, It is now Mandatory to have the ARP so anyone who has not done it may/could be looking for a few Problems.

3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    I have a 13a visa. Every time I leave the country they make me get an ECC plus pay some random fees amounting to P2270. The fact that I was only here for 6 WEEKS ONLY did not matter.
    Go figure..

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Bad, BAD I say but...... the 13a makes you a permanent Resident but still an Alien (Foreigner) and the ECC is only for Foreigners, the other amounts are Travel Tax which Locals have to pay as well. They are just not bothered how long you are here just that you MUST pay for the privilege of leaving their Country, I will Add that only Locals that are leaving for the Very First time have to have an ECC. Without this and some other silly things they would have no Cash to share out :pompus:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    On my roughly 4 months in country tourist extension they said I needed the ACR card which I did not receive for another 4 months. Before I received my ACR card, my biometrics and presumably the background check were done and the number was stapled in my passport. I left just prior to my 1 year anniversary of entry and for the Philippines, things worked well enough. Slight bobble with the number stapled in my passport which the airport BoI didn't find immediately but I made my flight. Not a fantastic experience but well enough.

6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    OK, I think I have it now. It wasn't a separate trip or something to ask for, it is done automatically as part of the ACR card and consists of that 2 inch sliver of paper titled Certification they staple on a separate page in your passport. So if you have it you are covered and also know you need an ECC when leaving.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    While we are Hear on this Subject, it may be Timely to say something I think many may have been overlooked/thought about or Not Understood by many Foreigners.
    With the ARP Manila are trying to get sorted on who is who and where you are. Should you be Single when you Register and at a Particular Address, you must inform them Via the Local office that your Status ( If you got Married) has changed and you have Moved.
    A very good member did not Realize this a couple of years ago and was Fined (Quite Heavily as I recall) Whether the ARP will be a success is anyone's guess but for me it seems the Right way to Go and I am sure in the End it will be to our benefit and even stop some of these bad things Happening or at least catching the bad guys a little more Quickly. :thumbsup: + your ECC will/should be Quicker to Obtain ie; Airport rather than a BI office. (Although at this time I understand only permanent and SSRV (Holders can do it at Airports) others will have to do the 72 Hour thing ( yes I know some do get it Quicker but......)
    As I said before the SS Number is unique to the person and all Immigration issues for that Person will be logged under that Number so you may be able to Run but not Hide for to long. The BI or NBI will just punch in that number and a Little Bit of Big Brother will face you. :wink:

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just made myself a note and stuck it to my passport as a reminder next renewal. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I can only assume that he was on a 13a and not a tourist visa because I went to the BI with my hat in my hand a couple months back and said to the man in charge: "I'm very sorry, sir, but I moved from Camanjac to Sibulan and forgot to inform you on my last few tourist visa renewals so I would like to change my address for your records." He said: "Its ok because you are only a tourist. Its the people who are married here that have to change their address." Perhaps he was wrong? But I never bothered about it after that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I know several other who have been fined on 13a visas and they seem to be pretty strict on it also.
    A friend last week had to get barangay clearance notorised and several other documents to say he had moved. You need to inform the bi within 24 hours of moving house with these documents.