Dumaguete Info Search

Burger - Hot Dog Relish

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I second (or third?) this comment -- please see our post from February 2010 regarding MKKS (link to their site provided):

http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/general-chat/ground-beef-ground-chuck-5877.html#post46452

2. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    OH, and by the way -- after a search lasting more than a year, I finally found DILL PICKLES!!! I had seen only "sweet" or "bread and butter" pickles, but never found dill... until now.

Fortune Mart has dill pickle spears. I brought home two jars recently (they're about P150/jar), and they were delicious! Check in the back, right corner -- they're on a rack there. Just make sure to leave a few jars on the shelf for me, LOL. :wink:

3. JoeMabini

JoeMabini DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Buying power is the problem. The big guys have it and we don't. Your post does give me an idea that might be doable, though:

I am sure someone here has a trustworthy friend or relative of a spouse in Manila that might want to make a sideline by shopping for us and putting it an airplane. I just shipped two 18x18x24 balikbyan boxes yesterday via CebuPacific for 1600php. They weighed 62 kilos combined. Weight calculations can be tricky because they use dimensional weight also so they charge whatever is higher. They can also ship perishables but I am sure that is a premium price.

Basically, a list could be prepared of items wanted then forwarded up to the Manila connection to purchase and ship. the group could provide the Manila person with an ATM Debit card to be used to carry out the duties and pay the person 5,000php per month to do the job. with 100 members in the co-op, the monthly fee could be as low as 50php per member. shipping could be broke down by the weight of the items you order to make it easy to calculate, Based on my example above of two balikbyan boxes weighing 62 kilos total.. the cost of shipping would be 25php per kilo not counting transportation from the market to the airport. If you added 500 to that including the 124php for the box then the price would only rise to 33php per kilo.

To summarize, if there were 100 members it would cost 50php for monthly membership (paid annually to discourage people that just want to use the service once) plus 33php per kilo to ship. Orders could be remitted online and deposits to a local account at BDO could be made after an estimate is made. The manila person would use the card at the stores, submit receipts, and draw wages from the account when it is made available from another account. Actual costs of products and shipping could be credited to the account of the member as could differences in membership dues as they would fluctuate on a monthly basis when new members join.

I have the ability to set up the online ordering system including a shopping cart, but it would probably be discouraged to offer that on this site as this site is a for profit venture of the owners. However, if the owners wanted to set up a subdomain for shopping and make a little profit by raising the dues and adding a 10% premium to the cost of goods and shipping i am sure that people including myself would avail of such a service. I would gladly pay 100 php a month to have a membership and pay a 10% premium because some items are priceless and worth it to pay more.

anybody want to take this on?

4. ginni6

ginni6 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    some tast s

wienerschnitzel with sauerkraut?????????????????????????????????????

5. ginni6

ginni6 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    mignon

its beef tenderloin and the thing is that you have to buy it with the chain

6. RonEtue

RonEtue DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    NO! Just use your pesos.... P750 per kilo.

Ron

7. humtee

humtee DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dog like eating meat and never forget fish a river near so they like eating fish and we care nature and manage fish growth.then we lost population level of fish.

8. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Please forward to the United Nations for interpretation.

9. humtee

humtee DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kansas City personal training

10. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Wow! And I thought the English in Louisiana was bad....LOL!