Best Posts in Thread: Burned by a Filipina

1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 1,029
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Nineteen years ago I met my true love, No internet for us, Pen to paper is all we had, Not even a cell phone.
    Her family have never asked for any money. I met her via her sister in the Nederlands and she recommenced me to my now wife.
    So if there are bad Filipinos out there and I guess there are. Be sensible.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    First Filipina I made contact with online asked me for some money for a microphone within 5 minutes of chatting - conversation cut immediately. Second one could suss immediately was genuine and have been married to for 9 years. She went to live with me in UK and worked her a**e off to allow us to save money to move here. Limited experience there, but I do believe that if you lead with your head and not your pecker, you should not go wrong.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Personally never been burned by a Filipina. A couple times my own actions caused some pretty severe burns. I have heard a lot of guys talk as if they have done no wrong to their girls and claim they were burned...but I've seen those same guys acting like complete pricks after a couple drinks. Most get back what they are dishing out.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No insult was taken here. I'm just confused on why someone would be offended and why an apology was even needed? :o o:

I think all this quarantine stuff is driving a few people a little nuts. I think some people should get out of the house. I know some are not supposed to leave the house but with the cases being well controlled I think it is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission when it comes to this.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. DiverTim

DiverTim DI Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +125 / 11
    When you have found a Bad one you won't know......However when you find a GOOD ONE you will know the difference!! Trust me.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,578 / 1,017
    Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Catabisis

Catabisis DI Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Talked for 1 1/2 years to one everyday . I saw some some red flags of insecurity. Let it slide, but took note it could be problems. Arrived and within a week I knew there was trouble. Lasted a month before splitting. I had a lot of time invested and wanted it to work. I dated a biologist back home and this filipina could hold similar conversations. She read Shakespeare too. I dated a filipina doctor here and my ex was smarter than her until it came to the doctor's job, but emotionally my ex was a wreck. After 9 months and three more break ups I called it quits and moved to another island far away. Then there was the doctor here. On our second date she said she loved me. I let it slide. She was a doctor after all. I wanted to see how things went. Within three months she had us getting married, having kids, and traveling the world with Doctor's Without Borders after she obtained her Ob/Gyn license. After three months I told her I just wanted to live quietly retired in the Philippines and broke it off.
    Now I have a smart, sweet little province girl of 6 years from a great and cool family I adore who goes out of her way to keep drama to a minimum and working on her Masters. Life is good.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,578 / 1,017
    Many of us have stories we could tell about getting scotched be a lovely young lady. My experience was in Makati 12 yrs ago with a trophy girl and the lessons I learned taught me what, thankfully.
    I have an ex-friend who set the “I never learned” bar so high that his $2-3 million failed attempt investment in true love may never ever be broken.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,161 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I agree. The only places this is being enforced is the major shopping stores. I am sure people would not be stopped from going out walking or visiting friends.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Mine regularly insists on paying at restaurants, buys groceries, asks how much household items were so she can pay for half, wants to pay for the gas to drop her off at work and complains when I spend on, from her perspective, frivolous goods and services. Several times I have caught her opening my wallet to put money in to it when I refuse her offers to pay for things. I'm having a hard time convincing her that I want to pay because these things are not a financial burden to me and that she should be taking her money and saving/investing it for retirement. Not a "problem" I ever thought I would have here.

However, I have been through many of the "bad" ones here and never found any of them to be that good of actresses...unless I was drunk with severely impaired judgement or just listening to the wrong head..

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1