Dumaguete Info Search

Bacolod Bus Trip - Dumaguete to Bacolod

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by dgh25, Apr 7, 2014.

1. dgh25

dgh25 One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

What's the last bus trip from Dumaguete to Bacolod?

I read there's a trip 1 AM and 3 AM, I just want to confirm it.

Thanks!!

2. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    Stop at the Ceres terminal and ask the in charge

3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Which makes me wonder, how safe is a 1 am or a 3 am bus trip across the island? Any of them ever get hijacked? I hear rumors of such but am curious as to any facts.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's safer than a day time trip where you have more locals driving. I'll take my chances with the NPA any day over a local driver.

On a serious note: I've made the trip across the island several times and different hours. If you know the road and where the construction is you stand a better chance at night....although I don't care for doing night rides. The earlier in the morning 4-7 am is the best as most the drunks have made it home already and the daily commute traffic hasn't yet started.

My best time across the island is 3 hours 30 minutes on a 125 Yamaha YBR followed by 3 hours 45 minutes on my 1000cc CBR......if that tells you anything.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. JayBee

JayBee DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Just did the drive last week, went the Kabankalan route (or however you spell it). Very fun drive down the mountain at 3am on unpaved single lane roads with the sugar cane trucks blasting up them. no NPA, but did get stopped for a military checkpoint even at that time of night....lots of guns, no alarms.