Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Bus,truck,jeep ban soon to be enforced downtown

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    That reminds me, there is a perfectly good road going around the back of Robinsons that could be used by people who want to bypass the intersection and congestion. But few are permitted to use it. What a crock! Sure wish I could build myself a private road that no one else is allowed to use.

So my point/question is: Does Robinsons own that road? If so is a little give and take in order? I mean if the Traffic Enforcers are helping Robinson's customers get to the mall, shouldn't the mall assist the non-customers to bypass the mall and get out of the way?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It's a hard balance to get the cost right on tickets,maybe the bikes p50 per ticket but many a time people who just stop and block everything up with suv's or new cars who just don't care should be fined a lot more!
    As for portal west ticketing I think that may be pressure from siliman campus as noticed they are getting quite pro active on ilegal parking in the area.

• Like Like x 2
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,581 / 1,017
    A 50p parking ticket is pretty serious when you are only making 250 a day. Traffic cops were issuing a lot of bike tickets by the Portal West building yesterday.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I'm sure we all remember the trike strike last year sometime when they dropped the rates! The roads in and around the city were empty,you could actually drive in a proper fashion for a few hours. But then again will they actually remember this,I doubt it.

• Agree Agree x 2