Dumaguete Info Search

Business and Family in P.I.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by oztony, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My first Fili GF was like that, she found a small one room Dorm in a gated community for 1200p per month, 400p for water, 500p for Electricity. Sounded great! So I set her up, Laptop, TV, DVD Player, Karaoke Machine, Bed and all the trimmings etc, then not really knowing the money situation, sent her 4k each fortnight, then at the end of the month would have to send for the Rent, Electricity, Water etc...

I tried to explain to her what B.U.D.G.E.T. meant, along with S.A.V.I.N.G... O-|
    I assumed there is no Filipino translation for these two words :confused:

I tried to help her to start a Business; first when she was living with her Mama, $150.00 bought Rice, they broke it up into small Bags and sold it, I thought "BRAVO"! :D Then; they asked me for another $150.00 to buy another Bag :confused: I asked what happened to the profits from the first Bag? Oh they used that, please send again... O-|

When I sent her to College to do a course in Care Giver (which I later discovered was just another dream amongst the so many she had dreamt to do but never followed up on) I first tried setting her up selling Victoria Secret sprays, she sold the lot in the first day! I was amazed! She give it ALL to her College Ma'am who then paid her cost price in dribs and drabs over the next 3 months O-|

I then got her into selling Dresses, I buy 32x Dresses at a large discounted price, cost I think 160 pesos each doing it this way, Price was set at 600p per Dress, rightio! All sold very quickly! I told her to take the money, plus the profit and reinvest that into buying more dresses and doing it all again, I was stoked! :D You all know where this is headed don't you... She couldn't rip off her friends so she discounted them to 150 pesos each and allowed them to pay off, whiiiiichhhh; didn't happen... O-|

I cut the money in half as soon as I found I was also putting her Brother through College and two Sisters through High School and told her they could get a job like she did to pay for her original College enrollment years earlier, the main reason being when I received a message from her Brother abusing me for sending a CASIO Calculator instead of the SHARP he wanted because all his friends used Sharp, and the Shoes and outfit I had apparently bought him for his last School Dance apparently wasn't up to scratch and he wanted something that would be more appealing to the ladies... :(

Yeah; we all live and learn, albeit some a lil slower than others... O-|

I am very wise nowadays to what is and what can be, and thank God in the past 5/6 years my now Wife and her Family have NEVER "asked" for my help in such ways. I am willing to help, they are reluctant to accept and often say a flat thank you but they will manage fine. I think I finally found my "One in a Million"... :wink: