Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa CAMBODIA makes it easy....

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Rye83, Mar 28, 2017.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Who does and does not need the DFA Seminar (Spouse and Partners of a Foreigner is one category, OFWs is another). Made an appointment and took my wife in Manila in conjunction with a trip to the VA I had. Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP)

2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    A Filipino citizen has a Visa waiver for Cambodia of 21 days; it is because The Philippines is part of ASEAN. The citizens of other Asean member countries get differing amounts of time. I understand that for others the Tourist Visa can be obtained upon entry to Cambodia (but best to avoid that unless entering by air) and there is another Visa, called an 'Ordinary Visa' (formerly called a 'Business Visa') which can be obtained upon entry and then extended for periods of up to 12 months ad infinitum (unless rues change, of course). There is also going to be a 'Retirement Visa' (ER) but early information makes it appear not worth thinking about. I have researched Cambodia a lot recently and can provide more information if anyone wants it. It occurred to me that if the place I live makes too many rules against foreigners then I will move elsewhere... and Cambodia seems like the best bet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    She is none of the above. She is not my spouse, partner or girlfriend. Just a Filipina going on a one week vacation and then coming back. I told her to go to the DFA in Robinson's tomorrow to inquire about any rules on traveling. If it will be easier/help avoid any issues to tell the DFA she is my gf/partner/whatever then so be it.

Obviously, a single Filipina traveling alone is going raise some eyebrows so it might be better to just play the partner card. Explaining that would be much easier than explaining how she is funding such a trip....which would lead to much more difficult questions with such a prudish/religious/nanny government.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes, age is a factor also. They seem to be more concerned with under 25 Filipinas. The seminar route is a pain (transportation and time) but once done it is done as long as you are together. May also help having that paper stapled in her passport as she exits Philippine Immigration (may get less/no hassle if they see she has been to the seminar).

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    How do they even know who I am or that we are together? I am not giving them my name or passport number.

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Crazy but :banghead: my wife was 45 and we had been married 4 years, when she renewed her passport to her married name, she had to go to the Seminar. What could they teach a Woman of 45 with a 13 year old daugher 4 years married. :facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We'll see what this young lady is told today at the DFA. If she needs the class and can't get it before the end of next month I will be going to Cambodia alone (:whistling:). Maybe she can tag along on the Thailand trip in September if this one doesn't work out.

8. AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It is part of the paperwork as the seminars are 'foreigner's country' specific. She would go to the USA seminar. (no, I am not making this stuff up). She needs your info (don't remember what exactly) to fill out the paperwork to attend.

OR, skip it and hope immigration does not refuse her departure and send her home. I am sure it happens but no personal experience of how often or how likely refusal is.

9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I have to agree with them; it is perfectly correct to protect their vulnerable young people (especially females) from the scourge of sex trafficking. I wish they were able to stop women from going as OFWs to some of the countries which treat them like sh!t.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    When my gf and i went to Siem Reap, the pencil-necked pinoy official was a total pain in the butt, since this was her first stamp in a new passport. The butthead had to see three years of photos of us together. Since I had just renewed my passport, he wanted to see my old passport--I ASKED WHY, then suggested that we get a supervisor involved in the process. Only then did the little petty bureaucrat back off and let us catch our flight! If it is her first trip, then have lots of dated photos on your phone or camera. Obviously, this took place a NAIA!

• Informative Informative x 1