Dumaguete Info Search

Can anyone ID him?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by jake2townz, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They might be respecting the guys privacy as well. :wink:

2. OP
    OP
    jake2townz

jake2townz DI New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks everyone. It appears that the video has been deleted and there are no new updates of him this time, but it is indeed odd that he doesn't even know why he got there in the first place.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Strange, the video is still there for me. To add to my previous statement: I would also not say how I ended up in the water if someone I was very afraid of had been the one to put me there. My next stop at that point would be the airport.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  4. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That was thrown to him at 0:30 in the clip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Privacy on Face Book, now who is having a laugh.

6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    American rescued at sea in Dumaguete
    10/15/2015 1:15 AM
    Donna Lavares, ABS-CBN News Central Visayas
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    DUMAGUETE CITY - An American national was rescued after he was found floating off the coast of Dumaguete City on Tuesday.

A video of the rescue was posted on Facebook by a certain Don Don Marvin. Based on his post, he was riding a motorized banca on his way to Dumaguete City when he saw the man.

His video, which has already been removed, went viral, with may netizens speculating that the foreigner was the Italian businessman Rolando del Torchio, who was abducted last week in Dipolog City.

READ: Italian businessman abducted in Dipolog City

Authorities on Wednesday, however, were able to confirm the identity of the foreigner. He was identified as Lance Edward Holmes, a 53-year-old American national.

An officer of the Philippine Coast Guard in Dumaguete City said Holmes left their office as soon as they were able to identify him.

"Hindi naman namin ma-hold kasi nga walang batayan, hindi rin siya nagpapigil, umalis agad. We just reported the incident to the immigration," Jude Greanata said.

Immigration officials in the city, on the other hand, cleared Holmes of any suspicion, adding that he has complete immigration documents.

Holmes was reunited with his Filipina girlfriend Wednesday afternoon.
    American rescued at sea in Dumaguete | ABS-CBN News

So still no answer as to why he was there,no doubt it will eventually come out over time!

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    You know I am a naturally Suspicious person and I am not too sure I am buying this. I spent some time on Air Sea Rescue and Part of the Training was done on The Ribs with the Water Guys. Now it is so very Difficult to find a man or a Body in the water even if you know where they are or a good General location.
    If you Look at this Video, it's taker Focused almost immediately on the Guy as if they Knew more or less exactly where he was.
    Maybe I am just thinking Sinister but Gut feeling tells me that this was staged. There was something he was Holding onto Drift wood? How Fortunate, bit of a boat he was on Hmmmm? Not admitting.
    Just happened to be a Ferry Passing that close? If it is Real then I am Glad they Guy is OK but if it was staged I think it was in poor taste.
    Sorry Guys and Gals but Too much luck in the Situation to make me really think this is Kosher.
    JMHO of Course.

Jack:rolleyes:

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Maybe I'm seeing sh*t but the video (along with all the comments) on his and the Hulagway Facebook pages still seem to be there.
    Screenshot from 2015-10-15 10:53:39.png Screenshot from 2015-10-15 10:56:27.png
    (Screenshots taken 5 minutes ago.)
    Why would they say it was removed when it is obviously it is still there? (I'm not friends with the guy on FB so it's not a privacy setting thing.)

It does seem rather convenient that he happened to be floating at that exact location at that exact time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Maybe we should hold off on joking about this guys situation, there is a possibility that he could have been responsible himself for being in the water. When asked what happened he did say "I don't even know anymore" (which I didn't notice at first) with a shaky voice masked by uncomfortable laughter and it appeared he was trying to hold back some emotions and wanted to quickly get away from the people who are asking him questions.
    expat.jpg
    That is not how a man who had just been rescued at sea usually looks. It's hard to tell from just one picture but that looks like some emotional pain to me. (plastic bag isn't on the ground, he's not sleeping) It has been said here and other places that he was having "problems".

Compare to the faces here that were just rescued at sea.
    person after rescue - Google Search

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Yep that the guy i was talking about