Dumaguete Info Search

Canadian Marrying a Filipina Divorce Papers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Canadianized, Jul 24, 2015.

1. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I know I am being pessimistic (can't help it I have lived here very long time and it comes with the territory) but do yourself a HUGE favor and make sure your darling lovely woman was never married to anyone before. I have seen so many newbies come here and take a "bride" especially overseas only to find out their marriage is a lie (Bigamy) because they were already married to a local Filipino and separated but were either too embarrassed to admit it or were just outright lying to snag a "rich ATM foreigner".

I know this probably does NOT apply to you but please do yourself a favor and make sure.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes, this falls under the 'do it yourself' part of the paperwork. Expats should request the CENOMAR personally to ensure you get an official copy and not a 'fixed' official copy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    This is a peeve of mine and probably several other people. Women who start a relationship based on lies. "Paper married", saying one kid when they have 4. It wouldn't leave me any choice but to walk away because you can't build a solid relationship on a pile of sh*t. One of the biggest thieves and liars I have ever met told me that a man who will lie to you will steal from you also. Looking at personals one time I saw a cute woman who said she needed a man who would fight for their love. Danger! Damage! were the first things that went through my mind. Love, if love it be, is a fragile thing in the beginnings and easy to kill. It would be great to have a partner in crime who plots with you for a future but when they lie to you, they are plotting against you. If you are both lying to each other, you are perfectly matched and all I need is:popcorn:.

• Agree Agree x 3