Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances CCTV

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Blueberry, Dec 22, 2023.

1. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +261 / 142
    All the security measures mentioned are at some level no more than a way to keep the honest people honest. None of them are fool proof. There are ways to defeat all of them including looking like you have nothing and no immediately visual deterrence. Note to self; lift up on the handle when entering Jack's house:o o:. A few of them layered together are much more difficult to defeat.

Criminals be they desperate or organized, smart or dumb, will still make attempts to steal from others. My first goal as a protector of family is making them think our place is not their first choice. My second goal is to make them regret making us their choice. Well trained dogs can do both. Real security cameras can do both. Having good relations with our neighbors can do both. While it's nice to accomplish two things for the cost of one, not everything should. Not every camera should be obvious, not every dog needs to be barker.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    For our new place, we used Eric Tanamor, DataConstruction Inc.. 09177289599, dataconstruction.inc@gmail.com..
    Worked for a big company, decided he could do better on his own, he was right... Great service, tech knowledge, great follow-up...

• Informative Informative x 6
  3. OP
    OP
    Blueberry

Blueberry DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks everyone for the replies, it's just precautionary for wife and kids to be able to sleep better at night. Am i worried no, more crime in North America than there is here.
    We built and live in a good area, but still good to be able to see whats happening while at home or away for the day or multiple days.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +318 / 31
    An interesting discussion. Personally, we take a medium approach - dog that barks at anything that moves, padlocked gates and security grills on windows. Would be interesting to know how many, if any members have actually suffered break-ins and what areas.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Actual break ins will be very rare indeed, most thievery here will be done by opportunists who will gain access through an open window or door, I have heard of a few instances where the suspect has been a recent construction worker on the site and knows the lay of the land.

Valencia, Negros Or, is a low crime area about the only serious break in I ever heard about here was to a US guy named Bill, he suffers from NPD, he has two car porches at the front of his house in one he has the family Car, but in the other he had 9 Motorbikes, these were all set up in a line like a showroom all in plain sight, I seem to remember there was also a few other things of value in this same area? it is obvious this Guy wanted to display his wealth all part of his illness I guess?

6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 1,029
    Blood Type:
    A+
    He's begging for a break in. Been coming to Duma over 20 years and never had a break in. I live near the beach with many locals and they know I have nothing of value, which is true.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +261 / 142
    I had to look it up. My mind went to No Police Department

8. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 28
    We woke up to see a guy with his head sticking through our bedroom window at 2:30am. That was in SacSac Bacong. Three of our friends were burglarized while they were sleeping. Those happened in Combado Bacong, Masaplod Norte Dauin, and Piapi Dumaguete . That kind of thing is more common than you may think.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder this being a problem with so many people from US, everything in their life is bigger and better than everyone else in this world, likely this is caused by the GMO foods they eat over there?

DAVE1952
    This message by DAVE1952 has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Trollin' Trollin' x 1
  10. DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I had heard there tends to be more crime in all these places you mention and that Valencia is less prone to this and one of the reasons I moved to there?

I do wonder how many of the said incidents were actual break ins, was access and opportunity gained through an open window tempting an honest man to become a thief? Are all these friends from US as you are?

Another situation I come across, where a man with this NPD syndrome was boasting to the staff at the Red Table, telling them how much money he has every month in pension income, how can a man be that stupid to use such a thing as a boast to these poorly paid workers, it would serve him right if one of the women there were to inform their brother to Mug this Cupid Stunt?

Then there was the time when a big Texan was boasting to a couple of woman in a Bar, this was all about the size of his Ranch with its 10,000 head of cattle, he goes on to say; Man! that Motherfecking Ranch of mine is so darn big it takes me that whole day to drive around it all in my Motherfecking pickup truck, a wee Scotsman leans into the conversation to say I had a Car just like that and I sold it.