Dumaguete Info Search

Hotels & Travel CDO TO DUMA FERRY

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by WATSISNAME, Feb 21, 2017.

1. WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    Has anyone here have any info on ferries from CDO to Duma and running timetable...
    Looking for quickest way without breaking the bank on airfares....

2. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    Years ago Superferry ran the Duma/CDO route once per week. Now it's 2GO, and go no mo.

There is a Lite ferry that runs from Jagna, Bohol, 4 times a week. Other than that, you go to Dapitan and take the long grueling bus ride over, or you go through Cebu.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    Yes, that is all i could find as well.....thanks.......

4. zardox

zardox One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There is also TRANS ASIA from Tagbilaran a few times per week. Check their web site for schedules. The only ship transpo to Tagbilaran though is Ocean Jet. Roughly 700p on Ocean Jet and then another 700 p (Or there abouts) on Trans Asia. The routing is good so that you can travel with a short layover in Tagbilaran ... however, be wary, and this happened to me. If the Ocean Jet is late getting to Tagbilaran then you miss the Trans Asia, you could end up waiting a few days for the next trip... or maybe go to Jagna... or what I did was go to Cebu and then to CDO. But I lost a day.

5. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Are you saying that the buses there are not up to the same high standards of luxury and comfort as Ceres?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have had a few tell me that the Bus ride is HOT and LONG and no fun at all! I did not take the risk and for the QUICK and cheap flight over, I flew rather than find out if what they told me was true or false... :o o:

7. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    The bus ride is 7 hours on a good day, Ive seen it turn in to 10 hours on more than one occasion.

8. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I know my wife needs to pee every 15 to 20 minutes so that would be a FUN Ride! :whistling:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    It appears that 2Go started a new service on 21st March 2018 from JAGNA, Bohol to BALBAGON, Camiguin to OPOL nr CDO. This may especially suit anyone who would like to visit those places as a holiday trip as I am not aware how that 3-part sea journey (Duma > Jagna > Balbagon > CdO) compares with the Duma > Dapitan > coach to CdO or Duma > ferry or bus to Cebu > flight to Laguidingan (for short trip to CdO) for those wanting to go to CdO.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Cebu Pacific (affiliate) has non-stop(!) service from DGT to CDO. One flight a day each direction on a turboprop. Not the most convenient times, as I recall. This was about 6 weeks ago. Not sure if it is still operating. (They even have a non-stop from DGT to Davao.)

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018