Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu and Bohol now in state of calamity due to lack of water from El Niño

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Oh now I'm not so sure I believe all that. I don't think they would have any problems finding ways to line their pockets.....they are not novices at this corruption stuff. (I've only been directly exposed to the Philippine brand of corruption since 2005 and I can think of 2 ways one could line their pockets on such a product off the top of my head. Perhaps your buddy requested/required that any contracts be transparent and open to public bidding? :wink:)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Possibly, I was not privy to such details but IMPO he was an idealist who wanted to actually assist the average (read poor) people of the PI. Probably why he was rejected by the oligarchy! Honestly, I don't know the answer. He did go home though very bitter and disappointed individual as he was an idealist at heart and really wanted to help the people but sadly he didn't know what he was up against or who he was dealing with!

3. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Desalination is a p.iss poor method of obtaining water. It still faintly tastes of salt and goodness knows what they add to it. It's also a very expensive and not very Eco-friendly way of turning the sea into a potable resource. They do it all over the Gulf, and it's why I rely on the trusty bottle when I am working there.

I don't know the solution to the Phils annual water shortage problem - but I do know folks will squeeze every peso out of Dong and Nay given the chance. :(

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Not all of Bohol is affected by the drought according to my wife, don't know about Cebu though.