Dumaguete Info Search

Passport Question Cebu Hotel Recommendation

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by PatO, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    for a bit of splurge I go for the Presidential Suite at Waterfront...you can sometimes get a good deal on Agoda for about $80-90 if booked very early or very late.

I spend my stay calling my powerful friends across the globe sorting out crises, treaties and budgets on their conference table in the room. It lends an otherwise sense of importance, dignity or gravitas to my rather simple and meaningless life. The First Lady has a facial and a massage. About 6pm the butler insists we drink low-mid range plonk and eat sometimes near stale canapés in their private lounge for free. You can squeeze him for 1.5 bottles if you dump P100 in his paws and insist you are minor aristocracy.

Slightly lubricated your correspondent repairs to the bar all Hemingwayesque whilst his Mrs dons her latest Ayala purchases. Chow then follows. Take your pick from their restaurants at Waterfront main or chance it from the bar at Mactan.

The room itself is large enough to cater for at least 16 people at banquet. Obviously I rather un-necessarily baptise the guest bog. I'm paying for it after all. If I'm feeling mean I'll pinch one off in one the guest lav and dash off to finish the job in the bathroom. Bathroom: usual his n hers sort of affair. Linen is clean and ironed. Water can be a bit hit and miss. A President can't have everything. The bath is 'minimal' in size to say the least. Presidents require jacuzzis. Waterfront take note.

The bedroom equally large, not exactly plush, but the bed is large enough for any gymnastics you might be preparing to attempt. Sleep rating 9/10 for the Phils...i.e. No karaoke, barking dogs, trikes or cats completing the act of love at 3am. Check out at 12, all done and dusted. Haven't found better yet.

Time for another rum.

Cheers,

C

PS the only other Presidential gig I stayed in was in India. That was an upgrade as the Castle (yep) had overbooked. They gave us the suite after telling us Madonna had checked out the night before (true). Big bath in front of the telly, very rich n Royal in an Indian sense. My only complaint: I found a stray hair from Madonnas front bottom in the plughole. Should I have kept it and sold it?

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    All you do is drink at Mango Ave? :o o:

3. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    Not sure if it meets your location requirements, but we thought the Bayfront Cebu was a good value. It's definitely walking distance to the SM City in the port area (although you have to cross a fairly busy road) and a short ride to Ocean Jet ferry. Close to the Radisson Blu (we've stayed there too, it's definitely nicer), but Bayfront Cebu was significantly cheaper. I guess about 7-8 km from the new SM Seaside. Seems to be available now starting in the $35-45 USD range, not sure about the taxes, etc.
    Bayfront Hotel Cebu - UPDATED 2017 Reviews & Prices (Cebu Island/Cebu City) - TripAdvisor

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I said the main reason....not the only reason. :wink:

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    A man has to have his priorities in life..... Otherwise he would just stumble around in life....:o o:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    hmmm, which is better? To stumble around in life because you have no priorities - or- to stumble around because drinking is your priority??? :bump::taunting: oooops, sorry, wayyyyyy off topic...

We now return to your regularly scheduled thread.... (this is what happens when I only get 2 hours of sleep...)

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    I just realized you said "with a pool". The Bayfront Cebu doesn't have one.