Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu Cebu to Dumaguete Ceres Liner Bus Schedule

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Travel Guide, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Supr..the bus depot in DGTE is right in the city center. You won't have any trouble if you just ask around. Your Cebu bus driver should put you on the mark. I took a bus from Cebu to DGTE last year on January 1 about 9:30 AM ...no problem getting a seat and they didn't pack it. Unless you like looking off of cliffs, pretty as the ocean below you can be, then sit on the right side of the bus. I did have one bad experience though, the bandits that grabbed my luggage out of the cab at the South Cebu terminal claimed to be ticket agents also and took my 150 peso fee and disappeared. It was petty cash (X2 for me and my brother) but it really pissed me off. Once the bus gets rolling, the conductor (?) will come down the isle for ticket settlement. I'd tell the cab driver in advance of your arrival that he is to not let anyone touch your luggage...ie unlock his trunk before you get to it , you will handle it yourself. That will be no easy feat as they mob you before the cab has even stopped. Be very firm. The cab drivers might not agree too much with this as I had one politely tell me "They are my brothers. It is this or maybe they will turn to crime" as he handed them a tip from his own pocket. I reimbursed him although it seemed to me from my previous experience they had already turned to crime....but you might give the cab driver 2 fifties to give to them or do it your self and then tell them to point to the correct bus port and scram. I've never been big on these pushy porters who tear your luggage out of the trunk or your hand and begin running with it.....to God knows where ...

2. harrypotter1

harrypotter1 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dumaguete to Bacolod Via Ceres Bus Liner Schedule

Good day everyone. It is so comforting to find a forum where almost all of one's queries on Dumaguete and anything about it is answered. What a very commendable site.

Anyway, I have a few questions, and might not be entirely related to the thread, my apologies.

Does anyone know the schedule of the Ceres Bus liner trips from Dumaguete to Bacolod on a Saturday? I am planning to leave Cebu at around 3 pm and expect to be there in Dumaguete by 7 or 8 pm via the Ceres Cebu-Dumaguete trip (I hope my time estimation is correct). Will I catch a trip from then on to Bacolod, as I want to go to Bacolod asap?

Thank you in advance for the replies to this. It will be my first time in Cebu, Dumaguete and Bacolod, so any hint will be very much helpful.

Thank you very much.

3. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Harrypotter,

why not ride the ceres form cebu directly to bacolod via mabinay or san carlos? just try to inquire the schedule at the terminal

4. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Welcome to the forum Harry :smile:

This link might be of help to you if you decide to take the Cebu-Bacolod route.

5. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Do not let anyone handle your bags period. End of story. If you have more than you can easily put in the overhead carrier and on your lap/between your legs, watch the conductor put the bags in the under bus carrier and close it before boarding. Traveling alone with excess baggage is a problem as you can't get your seat and stow your bags at the same time. If traveling with some one split up. Iv'e done the travel alone with lots of bags here, it is worrysome, and a hassle, but not so much a problem in small cities like Dumaguete.

6. harrypotter1

harrypotter1 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much progmeister and India one.

I already encountered that schedule, and found out that there are various trips from Bacolod to Dumaguete.

What I am particularly concerned about is the schedule from Dumaguete to Bacolod, specially at night when I plan to travel at around 8 or 9 pm.

And I cannot catch the trip from Cebu directly to Bacolod (12 pm last trip, if im not mistaken). I will be arriving in the terminal at around 2 pm so I can catch the 3 pm Cebu Dumaguete Trip. (my trip is turning out to be so interesting and exciting, but stressful)

Thank you very much for the info.

7. Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    harrypotter...there's the obvious option of spending the night in DGTE...what minor price to take the stress off. She must be a real cutey waiting for you to be doing it all in one go. BTW thanks to all for an interesting game plan. I start getting really claustophobic on these busses once they start filling up the middle seats...actually start going into a panic. In order to avoid that sensation and to keep maximum vigil on my luggage such as jumping off the bus when the luggage compartment is opened, obviously I should try and get the front seat. Now I'm told that aint easy with the sudden lack of manners and riot to get on. .....So maybe I can get the biggest meanest porter to simply stand in line for me for a couple hundred P and make sure he gets the front row for me ??? If I pull that off, are there any social protocols as in Canada about giving up the front seats for any elderly, pregnant, or disabled or especially an elderly and preganant cripple who might get on the bus along the way... I mean is the driver or passengers going to give me the evil eye or lecture further along the trip ?? Alternatively, would anybody know how much it would cost to hire a VHire for my exclusive use to Liloan ? I hired an entire bus in Bohol for my return trip from seeing the Tarziers thats how miserably crowded the "bus" was on the way there....14 people on the roof and I'm being generous calling it a bus....I don't know what it was really. Some sort of tin can perhaps on a former flat bed truck maybe ?

8. Sitkan

Sitkan DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pricing from Cebu to Dumaguete

Thanks for all the helpful information here. Does anyone know an approxamate price from Cebu to Dumaguete, on the bus?

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hi Sitkan, just did the trip,

Ceres Liner is 200 PHP, the Ferry 60 PHP.

cheers

Rhoody

10. lera

lera One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    need help!

I'll be flying to cebu then take a trip to dum thru ceres .Anyone here knows the number of ceres bus ? i need to know it they trip on good friday march 21.Pls help!help! thanks