Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu Cebu to Dumaguete Ceres Liner Bus Schedule

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Travel Guide, Nov 1, 2006.

1. hopeful

hopeful DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

2. daniezhang

daniezhang DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey guys, anybody knows where can i take a ride going to bacolod bus station via dumaguete from cebu international airport?

3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Daniezhang, welcome on this forum.
    If you take a taxi from the airport in Cebu to the Ceres Liners terminal, you can pick there the bus to Dumaguete.
    It's a quite frequent connection.
    In Dumaguete you can take again the Ceres Liners bus at the terminal to bring you to Bacolod (via Mabinay).
    This is however a long trip. Takes you between 5,5 till 6,5 hours.
    Because the road is being renovated at many places, it's not a very pleasant trip at the moment (will still take another year I guess).
    Busses (Ceres Liner) from Dumaguete to Bacolod go every hour, starting from 2 AM onwards.

4. daniezhang

daniezhang DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Via Toledo

Thanks, I wonder how about from Cebu Airport to the Bus Terminal bound to Bacolod via Toledo is there a bus from the airport to the terminal or any means going to the bus terminal? What's all about the fast craft Cebu to san carlos? Any details?

5. babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The taxi is much the better option, when you come out the airterminal go across the road through the gate on the otherside turn right walkup the path and up the stairs. Its easier to get a Taxi there that will not overcharge you and ensure you tell the driver to switch on his meter. Just stand your ground there untill a taxi agrees to take you on the meter and for a reasonable tip.

You can head for the national highway near Jolly bee's ask the driver where you can catch a bus on the Highway to the Bus terminal. You may have to wait a while but thats the only way I am sure.

6. diver69

diver69 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bus from Cebu to Dumaguete on Nov 1

Dear all,

I arrive in Cebu on OCt 31 and would like to travel to Siquijor via Dumaguete on Nov 1.

I was going to take Ocean Jet, but I was told by the resort owner in Siquijor that the early morning ferry ( 6 am) has been cancelled and if I take the afternoon ferry, I will arrive in Siquijor very late.

So, it looks like my best option may be to take Ceres Busliner instead.

However, reading the previous posts (from 2007), it appears that Nov 1 is a very busy time for the bus line - a previous poster had posted his experience on getting on and off the bus. Can anyone advise if it is possible to get Ceres Bus from Cebu to Dumaguete on Nov 1? Will I have to fight the crowds to get on the bus? I am thinking about the earliest bus (6am, I think).

Also, can anyone confirm that Ocean Jet no longer runs 6 am ferry from Cebu to Dumaguete?

Great forum. Hope I can get all my questions answered here.

Cheers.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

You should not have much trouble getting from Cebu to Dumaguete at 6 am. You don't have to get on the Dumaguete bus, you can get on any Ceres bus that says "Dumaguete", "Bato", or "Lilo-an". Get off the bus at the Lilo-an fast craft terminal to Sibulan. You will be amongst the last to get off the bus. When you get off the boat, there will be small jeepneys (called ez rides) waiting to take you into Dumaguete. This should put you into Dumaguete no later than 10 am. If you sit on the left side of the bus, you will have plenty to look at along the way.

Have a great trip!

Larry.

Larry.

8. diver69

diver69 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Larry.

9. siscarla2nd

siscarla2nd DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cebu going to dumaguete

hi all,
    i'll be in cebu in jan but i'd like to visit dumaguete. anyone knows the ceres bus schedule from cebu to dumaguete? how much is the fare...do i still have to transfer from bus to a ferry on my way to dumaguete?how many hours is the travel?
    if i'll go to hibbard st, where in dumaguete should i drop off?
    hope to hear from you....

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

If you read through this thread, most of your questions have been answered already. You will have to cross the water seomewhere. There are buses leaving Cebu bound for Dumaguete about every 2 hours. If you stay on the bus it will cross the water VIA barge from Bato. New new fare this way comes to around P250. Allow 5-6 hours travel time.

You can also get on any bus bound for Bato or Lilo-an. AC buses leave as soon as they can fill them up. Get off the bus at the fast craft terminal and take the fast craft passenger boat to Sibulan, then take the small jeepney into Dumaguete. The new fare total this way comes to around P230. Travel time is around 4-5 hours.

Get off downtown.

Larry