Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu Cebu to Dumaguete, Fly or Ferry?

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Pigbelk007, Aug 23, 2015.

1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Excess weight, not that much if you pay when you book on-line. Regarding taking the ferry watch out for the porters whom will want a nice big tip, and the trike drivers will rip you off. Have a safe trip.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86

Death rate is higher by sea (cheaper) than by air in the Philippines. Cebu Pacific Air, Philippine Airlines go to DGT, and some internationals fly into Cebu only...

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have taken ferries all over the Philippines and I haven't died once yet. :wink:

If he has a lot of cargo a ferry might be the best choice. Not sure on their luggage fees though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Also, I'm not so sure that taking a ferry is cheaper than flying if you have a normal amount of luggage. I took the ferry from Dumaguete to Manila years ago and the flight was about the same price. Only took the ferry because my luggage was a 400lb motorcycle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Monty44

Monty44 DI Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    HI EVERYONE!!
    THE COST FOR FERRY RIDE IS 320 P IF YOU GO GEORGE PETER, YOU CAN GET SENIOR DISCOUNT! BRINGS IT DOWN TO 290P !! WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IS, YOU GET A BUNK AND SLEEP ALL THE WAY! MOST OF THE FERRIES LEAVE LATE AT NIGHT AND ARRIVE HERE EARLY THE NEXT MORNING! REFRESHED!! THE BUS RIDE TO THE AWAITING BARGE, COSTS 180P, PLUS 75P FOR THE BARGE RIDE TO SIBULEN!!
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PLANE RIDE COSTS!! IT WOULD BE A LITTLE MORE AND SO MUCH FASTER & NICER ALSO!! ABOUT 20MINUTES!!
    THE BIGGEST NEGATIVE TO ME IS THE BUS!! THE DRIVERS ON THE CEBU RUN DRIVE ILKE THEIR PANTS ARE ON FIRE AND IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THEIR IS HIGHWAY UNDER CONSTRUCTION OR DRY PAVEMENT!!
    I THINK THEY HAVE AN ONGOING BET BETWEEN THE DRIVERS; WHO CAN GET THE MOST PASSENGERS PUKING!! THERE IS ALWAYS AT LEAST ONE!!! THEY TAKE CURVES ON TWO WHEELS ALL THE WAY!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Pigbelk007

Pigbelk007 DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +28 / 4
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Woahhhhh the 2 wheels on the bus part got me a bit concerned for the wife and daughter let alone me. Must make for a great you tube video or footage for an accident recreation video. The ferry it is! lol

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You should note that it is illegal for a foreigner to even ask for the senior citizen discount and you "could" even be deported for it. I have also taken the bus many times and it is not as bad as some make it out to be.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. OP
    OP
    Pigbelk007

Ratings:
    +28 / 4
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not even close to being a senior just yet therefore I would never think of impersonating one. We're thinking to fly from the states straight to Cebu and spend a few nights there and find out the ferry schedule and catch one over to Dumaguete to our Hotel and start the search for a long term furnished apartment in a safe secure and conveniant location.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    A little something to help you on your way my friend.

Ferry Schedule from Cebu City to Dumaguete - Schedule.ph
    We use
    Cokaliong Shipping Lines, Inc.

JP :thumbsup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Pigbelk007

Ratings:
    +28 / 4