Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Cell phone load is being stolen.

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Charlie, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I truly hate how Globe spams their customers with promos from themselves and other companies and also sells our phone numbers to spam lists. It is a truly disgusting practice for a major mobile carrier to take part in. Absolutely no ethics or fucks given....not that they have any incentive to do the right thing. I haven't had a Smart number in a phone for awhile so no idea if they have the same horrible ethics as Globe. Would be nice if there were more than two options for mobile...but hey, monopolies are "more fun in the Philippines". :wink:

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    My wife bought a package from Sun Cell, 1 Samsung phone and 1 Samsung tablet for P1,000 per month on a 2 year contract. It included x amount of calls and texts and x amount of texts to other networks. She would get around an extra P500 in spam texts every month, she went to their office and demanded they stop and they did but for only a few days then started again, so she did the same thing again and the same result.

The only fix was she refused to pay 1 more peso and changed the sim card. She did get a huge bill that she threw in the trash and kept the equipment. It's been about a year and no more bills.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    There is another way to get your load getting lost:
    There are websites where you can buy some sort of subscriptions. The issue is that someone else can put your phone number on a such site and the bad thing is that you never get any SMS about the subscription.
    I had a such case in switzerland affecting my wife. After a short time a load of CHF 50 was gone without phoning much. Another reload of CHF 20 was gone in just one day. Fortunately it was not a subscription on that phone. Only the phone provider was helping us to stop that money sink.
    Therefore ask your phone provider to give you a list about any calls and SMS and their costs. After checking try to stop these bad SMS and calls.

4. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    whenever i get a promo add i reply with STOP ALL or stop all and it works MOST of the time but i just keep replying stop all and i sometimes go a month or two w/o an ad.

5. OP
    OP
    Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    No I am not using a smart phone. Just a simple cell phone for text and an occasional call. I never reply or accept any unsolicited text about promo's or whatever.
    I wonder how we can bring this load stealing to Duterte's attention so he can threaten to jail them like he is doing to dishonest taxi drivers ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Charlie

Ratings:
    +417 / 128

Sorry Pete but I cannot find that link to contact them. I stumbled onto it somehow the other day. I don't use Facebook or Twitter or any of that stuff so somewhere in the maze of stuff to click on I found a way to send them an email , but now it has been about 5 days with no answer so maybe that was just a feel good link, or they choose not to reply.

7. OP
    OP
    Charlie

Ratings:
    +417 / 128

No to all questions.

8. OP
    OP
    Charlie

Ratings:
    +417 / 128

You can try this email address Pete. talk@globetel.com.ph
    I just sent them an email and I 'll see what happens. This is not where I sent my complaint the other day though. Maybe they will answer now ????
    Did you go to Globe at the mall ?

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Cheers for the link Charley I will do it later, Not bin to Globe yet, maybe Friday I don't expect any result as my local Sori Sori tells me that it is happening more and more and he gets accused of not loading properly which can't be, as we all get a Loaded message. To me it is the fault of the load sharing issue, I never use it and to me it should be discontinued.
    I will let the forum know what happens when I have been. :thumbsup:

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Absolute Piff & Aghhhhhhhhh Globe say it is impossible BUT I loaded 30 peso from them at Robinson's and 15 mins later Nothing done, Load gone. We don't understand it they say :banghead: :bag: