Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Cell phone load is being stolen.

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Charlie, Jan 3, 2017.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sounds like continue losing load and beating your head against the wall while Globe continues to do nothing - or get a new sim and throw the problem away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Decided to go Post paid getting a new sim will just gather more loss I think :cautious:

3. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Don't know if this will help any, i've been here 6 months and still am flummoxed by prepaid phones. If you register for the website, sometimes you can check the account under your phone number, might tell you what "promo" you're registered for and some other info. I also like to hit robinsons smart and globe, althou the line at smart is much shorter... I got a promo reversed at Globe, AND got a 250 peso refund by being nice

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Would have gone post paid too, now that i have official ID, but as my prepaid smart phone is less than $6 a month, data, text, and minutes. i'm too cheap to switch to post.

Saw an ex-pat in front of me at globe, bemoaning that his $50 or more whatever plan in south caroliina was simple. He et al, need to understand only 4 things about pre-pd.. Load, Data, Text, Minutes. Load is the bank from which you take pesos. Data, Text, Minutes are what you buy from load, either per item or in a combo / promo...

Hell, texts ( i make a few a day) are only one peso or 1-1/2 peso, so really you can survive almost with no "combos." only combo i do is DATA, 99 pesos on smart for unlimited ("unli") 30 days (won't accept any plan less than 30 days.)...Calls rarely make, same, maybe 7 pesos per minute...

And DON'T DO any offers or facegook or ??, that's ur drain...

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Many of the data promos come with free FB data by default. That shouldn't be the cause of load disappearing, especially on those old Nokia style phones that don't even consume data.

It used to bother me to have to switch SIM cards as I always wanted the same number (because that is how we do it in the West)...but now I could give a sh*t less. Any slight bit of annoyance or issue from a SIM card and I chuck it right out the window and go get a new one. I ignored most text messages and calls anyways as it was usually bums calling to borrow money or ask a favor from me (which would never be paid back or returned).

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Disappearing pre-paid TM cell phone load problem solved.
    It took 2 visits to customer service Globe at Robinson's mall but our vanishing load problem has been resolved. No new phone numbers or sim cards were required. We have our original phone numbers. They could not tell us exactly why the load disappeared but from their records in the computer it was nothing we had done or not done. So who knows ? All's well that ends well.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Same here Charley I did get the 50 peso load returned from the day before I went the 2nd Time, they saw I loaded and not used any, yet empty. Computer Glitch? The account is now No promos to be offered. We will see EH?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    For anyone using a Smart Sim, some 'malware'? on some phones will turn on data usage and then you will be paying by the minute for Internet use that you don't even want. You can turn off the ability to use data with SmartBro Load Protect
    How can I turn on/off Smart Bro Load Protect?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MsIbuki

MsIbuki DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I am sorry for being that late guys, but I am having the same issue actually, and I do not know how to fix it. I have already sent a couple of emails to their customer support service, but they do not answer my messages and I am really annoyed and nervous because of that.

10. MsIbuki

MsIbuki DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I have released the contract today, and I am so happy actually :D