Dumaguete Info Search

Marriage Visa Change in Notarization Requirements for Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by SkipJack, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    I read a law somewhere that said after 5 you get one free!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Volti62904

Volti62904 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It's probably country-specific . Considering how much divorces REALLY cost, they SHOULD be free .

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    OH! care to explain why you think this? :bucktooth:

4. Volti62904

Ratings:
    +18 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just commenting on his comment. Obviously they cannot be free in a place where they don't even exist

5. OP
    OP
    SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Sorry to hear about your challenge with lawyers.

How many children do you have?

6. Volti62904

Ratings:
    +18 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That's a question with a funny answer. In a number of the marriages the women already had kids; either illegitimate or not. Of course they're not mine. In one marriage the woman was cheating and got pregnant; she ran off with the kid and ultimately married the father.

The second marriage had three kids; the first was an illegitimate son and not mine, the second one was mine, the third was not. Both were girls

After they had reached 18, the girls contacted me. MY child was just like her mother; scheming, conniving, using others, and even got arrested holding her bf's drugs. The one that's NOT mine is exactly like me. Her only biggest mistake was choosing someone who ended up being a cheater to marry. That's been handled too.

My child tried to convince me tell her sister I didn't want to talk to her anymore because she wasn't mine; I refused. On her birthday, I gave her some old photos I restored and posted to her social media.

Without even checking her account, she texted me a 10-part message about how I forgot her birthday; how much she hated me and that she preferred her stepfather over me. I replied "Works for me. Your sister also hates HER father and prefers me. Just tell him we've switched daughters. I'm sure he'll be very happy to hear it. Bye!".

The next day she tried to tell me she was just angry and didn't mean what she said. I replied that NO ONE SENDS A 10-SCREEN TEXT MESSAGE THEY DIDN'T MEAN TO WRITE AND SEND! And, even if they're angry, a normal person doesn't bomb their own house as a result, so lame apology is not accepted.

The last marriage also had an illegitimate child. He was also just like me, and we got a long very well, but the mother was the problem. She ultimately disappeared with the child. That's the one we're dealing with in here.

I find it very funny that the two children that are just like me aren't mine - goes to show heredity is over rated

7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    I meant a free WIFE - not a free divorce. :smile:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Volti62904

Ratings:
    +18 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I dunno about that either . Actually all of my former wives ARE free . The divorce(s) SET THEM ALL FREE

Anyway, enough history; let's get back to the main topic

• Like Like x 1
  9. Volti62904

Ratings:
    +18 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The pkg with my certified copy of the decree should arrive sometime between now and Monday.

I was originally going to wait until I saw the CENOMAR before finalizing the Affidavit to see if the marriage was still listed, then I remembered I did get a copy last year and it was listed on it.

If she has subsequently gotten an annulment (which is highly unlikely considering the minimum ₱150,000+ price tag), I can always leave out the specific details of the marriage and simply present the certified copy of the decree.

In case anyone wants to take a look at the Affidavit in Lieu of I wrote, I made a vetted copy removing all the confidential details. It's in PDF format and it's on Pleading Paper. Plus, it's also written in semi-legalese style.

Constructive criticism is welcome. I researched a number of sites to see what would be required in a so-called Recognition of Foreign Decree case and included it all here; hence the length.

The court will want every legal document that proves the foreign court has jurisdiction. Plus, I included the actual text of Article 26, and one case as a legal precedent.

I plan to attach the decree, the Memorandum, the replies from the Embassy and copies of every legal reference along with the Affidavit. It'll be like the ULTIMATE TERM PAPER!

Therefore the ONLY objection to this document would by either a greedy, or overzealous attorney thinking he's being cheated out of an unnecessary case.

However since there are a ridiculous number of Attorneys in the Philippines, and in my region, the odds of finding a relatively honest one are very high .

A funny note is that, while I have a nice word processor app on my phone, it cannot handle typing on Pleading Paper or over graphics.

So, using a graphics app, I cleared the text off of a graphic of a document on Pleading Paper and added the text with an app called PHONTO which adds text to graphics, and has many formatting options.

Then I removed the margins, imported the jpgs into the word processor and exported to PDF. Yeah, somewhat time consuming, but in the new normal all we have is time . Editing typos later was the biggest annoyance.

The numbers on the side are only to make it easier to find the proper jpg. Obviously, they're not on the final affidavit.

I also use PHONTO to draw up blueprints of all my projects using the Unicode graphics characters. Maybe I'll attach one also. Here's one; it's a plan for a fire pit the blocks are actually drawn with line characters.

Anyway have fun reading

Attached Files:

10. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I bet you are one of those guys who did their own divorce, in propria persona. How did that turn out? A glance through the affidavit does not show any problems to me, except for too much said, but you are aware of that. Are there any reports of clerks refusing to process--in the absence of parental or other objections?