Dumaguete Info Search

Government & Education Change of ownership for motorcycle.

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Smally, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Smally

Smally DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 25
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I have just purchased a second hand motorcycle which is currently registered until August 2020. I received a deed of sale from the seller.
    What other documentation do I need to take to the LTO to have it changed into my name.
    I checked out the LTO website but to be honest I find it very confusing especially with all the abbreviations.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    You also need a clearance of the Highway Patrol Police. You will find them in the same area where is the LTO, so near the provincial Capitol.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Requirements for Car ORCR Transfer of Ownership
    • Clearance from Philippine National Police-Highway Patrol Group (PNP-HPG)
    • Original Certificate of Registration (CR)
    • Latest original Official Receipt (OR) of payment.
    • The car's original Deed of Sale.
    • Appropriate insurance cover (CTPL)

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    One thing I can't clearly remember was I had an emission test done as well for the change of ownership... anyone able to confirm this is needed?

5. RR_biker

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    That doesn't make sense, the previous owner should have done an emission test and as long as the validity of this test has not expired, a new test no need.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    I also had to do this, the guy from the emission test center made the registration of the car at the LTO and handled the insurance, for a small fee, I like that service. btw, even if the worst black smoke comes from the exhaust they still let you pass the test. (not my car, I drive environmentally friendly - as good as my car can)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. msls6

msls6 DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +60 / 36
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have gone to Globalink driving school and insurance sales for help with registering vehicles in Dumagute. They know the processes and procedures. They are located on the same street as Foundation University. Here is my experience with smoke tests and scratchings:
    I bought a used motor from an American friend. It had at least 3 smoke tests. 1st the original ower did it at my request a couple days before the sale. Another requirement is 5 copies of "scratchings". These are pencil and paper tracings of the engine and chassis serial numbers. You get 1 or 2 as part of the smoke test, but you must pay extra to get the other 3 or 4. The smoke test is P300 and P100 for extra scratchings (if I remember right). I did not have 5 scratchings, so I had to get more. I think the smoke test is only good for 30 days, so I had that done again. 1st and 2nd tests were done with the temporary license plate from the motorcycle dealership. LTO said a permanent license plate was issued to the dealership, so the previous smoke tests were not valid. I got the number of the new plate and another smoke test with it. There were many other hassles such as crime lab inspection, copy of the original owner's signature and his valid ID for the deed of sale, and also an attorney's fee.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RR_biker

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    When I read all in the afore posting my conclusion, better buy new a lot of hassle less.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Smally

Smally DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 25
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I totally agree with you. It is a pain trying to find out what the process is. There are two reasons why I bought second hand as I was looking to buy a new one. The second hand one has already got a registration plate and I bought it from a friend at a quarter of the cost of a new one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,361 / 1,256
    I have bought a couple of used vehicles. Both times I went to a Smoke Test and someone got all the paperwork done for me. I think I gave them 400 pesos.

Every year when I have to get the OR renewed I let the smoke test guys handle all the paperwork, never a problem.

• Agree Agree x 4