Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Check In When You Can

1. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    A full 5!!!! days after the storm hit, the govt finally declared a "state of calamity" for the affected areas in the country, which according to Du30 should "speed up the govt response".
    By Odin, why on earth wait 5 days with something that can speed up relief efforts when you've known for days that people are without food shelter, water and electricity all over the place.
    The governor of Bohol has already warned that looters are out in force, and to be honest, I can't even blame them. Bohol isn't expected to see power restored until after new year, and minimal relief aid is coming in piecemeal so far.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Kilam63

Kilam63 DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Retired
    Ratings:
    +135 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Mine uses about the same amount of fuel, I have a large ref with lots of frozen food so the genny is a necessity!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There are 5 roads that go across the island that could be taken. I'm not sure how many of them are passable with large trucks but I'm pretty sure Talisay-Toledo and the Cebu Transcentral Highway are (or were pre-typhoon) good routes. Cebu - Toledo - Bacolod is a very common route for shipments. I believe going west from Carcar is also a major road crossing the island.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Dutchie

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Our niece managed to travel all the way from Danao Cebu (north of Cebu City) to Dumaguete yesterday (V-hire -minibus- Danao to Cebu, V-hire Cebu to Toledo, Bus to Bato, ferry to Tampi, bus to Dumaguete), so it is doable. No idea if the same would be true for a truck though, the mountain road across Cebu Island might be too steep in places, never done that road myself.
    The situation on Cebu island continues to be dire though, with no electricity and no water in many places.

5. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I'm glad to see most of the usual suspects are at least alive, if not exactly happy with the situation. My wife's family in Basay seems to escaped major damage to their home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dutchie

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Some pictures from the carnage in Cebu port. Seems not only road trips to/from Cebu City are going to be impossible for a while; boats won't be much help it seems.

7. Dutchie

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Got through the storm ok here, I have the impression that at least locally in Dumaguete we got much less wind and rain than predicted.
    Worse news from Cebu Island though, the bridge in Alcoy has been washed away. When looking at the video it seems to me that rebuilding it is going to take months. So no road traffic to/from Cebu City for the foreseeable future, with quite possibly implications for the supply to local shops/supermarkets here.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  8. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +419 / 198
    Mabinay and surround is totally trashed. Many homes destroyed. Majority of power lines/poles down. Noreco have no idea when power is even likely to be restored....."possibly weeks" according to them.....they're still having meetings but can't understand why the office lights don't come on and the projector doesn't work. :banghead: Telecoms intermittent.

Cash is king!

Am informed that the road to Bais closed due to landslides and fallen trees. 5 poles down on the NGCP 69kV transmission line.

Santa is too worried about climate change so Christmas is cancelled. Looking forward to 2022.

Seasons Greetings to All. Stay safe and BE HAPPY! :singing:

9. JWBobbit

JWBobbit DI Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 0
    FilProducts just came back on 3pm in Valencia, a short 1-2hour this morning and it went off again but is now running. bumps 50Mbps then settles on 35Mbps.

Credit Card and Debit Card services are working at our shop, Paymaya machine has a Smart SIM card so transactions are working without issues.

Water came back on at 3pm. Lower Valencia on Jose Romero.

If Noreco comes through we have the trifecta of essential services.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No electric, water, wifi in Bacong, maybe back next year, Happy Christmas everyone, for sure resorts with generator will be fully booked, not easy when you have animals

• Like Like x 2