Dumaguete Info Search

chinese or japanese motorcycle /what to buy??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by a007esprit, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Miguel

Miguel DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +109 / 39
  2. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I was about to say to be wary of knockoffs as plenty could easily slap on the Honda casings onto some china bike but looked it up to be safe and price is about right and a proper bike name. Honda looks to be basically revamping the Honda Wave 100 with a slightly more powerful engine and a new name and cheaper price. Whatever works.

But I had a Honda Wave 100, good bike for a filipino and a not so big foreigner. But not so great for distance traveling and not very powerful even with a 110. The shocks for it same as this 110 are low end shocks (need the 125 XRM for better shocks). So great for around town but lacking elsewhere. I ended getting rid of mine after a few months because it just didn't fit me well especially with having a back passenger but then I'm 6' and weigh the weight of 2 average filipino men. Ended up with a midsize bike (Kawasaki Rouser 135 but wouldn't recommend but some are happy with it).

Just decide what yah want the bike for and go from there.