Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Chinese Vaccine

1. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    You are new here I see this is your 7th post to the forum.
    Maybe you could introduce yourself by telling us a bit about yourself, like what's wrong with you. :smile:

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Genius x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    So a 50/50 chance that you are completely wasting your time and money? Sounds about right for a Chinese product. I think the only thing out of norm is that this junk product will actually cost you more than a more reliable product.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I believe it more likely that a form of certification that you have had the Vaccine will be required by most countries to gain entry.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    1. Deterring people from wearing masks from the very start of the pandemic. Think Taiwan and why they have had only 7 deaths.
    2. Allowing travel into the country without testing - well, they have just started but 9 months too late. Think Taiwan again. Also, I read, they have excluded UK residents from needing test results! This follows excluding journalists and sports' people from earlier controls. It is amazing how many seem to have a total natural immunity!
    3. Had escalating cases due to the new variant but Boris said on a Sunday that schools were safe to re-open ("no they're not", I exclaimed to myself) - on the Tuesday they closed them!
    4. Infected elderly people discharged from hospital and placed in Care Homes with lots of very vulnerable people. Then major Care Home managers said they will use barrier nursing as soon as a resident shows symptoms - ignoring the spreading from the asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic.

Thousands of UK deaths are down to government incompetence and I cannot believe they followed scientific advice - unless their advisers liked the pay too much to complain.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I disagree. The approval and review process is there for a reason and, even with it's flaws, is value added.

I don't trust in the pharmaceutical industry's honesty and integrity. They have proven time and time again that profits, not people's health, is the main driver...and there is a lot of money to be made with this vaccine. The governmental review and approval process was not perfect by any means but at least it was something to work as a buffer to their greed.

I don't trust when CEOs promise their vaccines will be safe and effective and then don't release all the data. I don't trust when politicians say how safe and effective trials have been and then don't release all the data. They have a strong incentive to do what CEOs and politicians are so good at...lie and tell partial truths to cover their own @sses. They do not care about you, me or anyone else. They care about profit and power and they are very short sighted when it comes to these things. I will not trust a d@mn thing that comes out of their mouths. They need to shut up and show the data.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    That's most of us then - even though the jail is our home. :smile:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I would be point man for the first vaccine given to the Philippines, assuming acceptable testing. Why not?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Those couple of posts did get off topic, didn't they? I don't think they had a rating system when I first started posting and I have been absent for several years so that may have something to do with the rating business.

Pedro
    This message by Pedro has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Like Like x 3
    • Off-Topic Off-Topic x 1
  9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They can't say it WILL prevent COVID19 because it won't for everyone. The vaccine was approved for emergency use, it bypassed the normal approval process, therefore not officially approved by the FDA. The statement in context is not that alarming or disconcerting and shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that has been paying attention.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  10. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    The same for India, mass vaccination beginning today (multiple news reports): You line up at the station and get one of two vaccines, no personal selection. One is the Oxford vaccine, but produced in India, and the other an Indian vaccine.

• Informative Informative x 3