Dumaguete Info Search

Chinese Vaccine

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by SkipJack, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Currently in the states even though a few variants of the vaccine are approved you are not given the choice of which vaccine to take at least at the state inoculation sites and there are very few other dependable organization that are authorized to administer them. They will tell you what variant they are administering but I believe we are way off from the point where you will have the freedom to choose your vaccine especially because right now the limited quantities of the vaccine are still being prioritized to whom is allowed to get them at this early stage in the distribution. There are more people who want to get the vaccine than there are available vaccines.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They can't say it WILL prevent COVID19 because it won't for everyone. The vaccine was approved for emergency use, it bypassed the normal approval process, therefore not officially approved by the FDA. The statement in context is not that alarming or disconcerting and shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that has been paying attention.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Hey @Pedro and @Rye83 ,

How is it that @Pedro has 759 messages and only +14 rating ? I have never seen such a bad ratio.

If you think the info sheet for the Pfizer vaccine is bad what about the poor quality information coming out with the Chinese vaccines? (Back on topic) :wink:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00094-z

4. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Those couple of posts did get off topic, didn't they? I don't think they had a rating system when I first started posting and I have been absent for several years so that may have something to do with the rating business.

Pedro
    This message by Pedro has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Like Like x 3
    • Off-Topic Off-Topic x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    You are correct - anyone here from the past has low ratings as they did not exist at that time.

Then recently the negative ratings were removed - I lost one and I think someone lost 15. Now, who was that? Can't remember. :smile:

Notmyrealname
    This message by Notmyrealname has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Off-Topic Off-Topic x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Nobody lost any of them. They are still there and visible on the profile page, just not under the user cards or members page.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I stand corrected. :smile: