Dumaguete Info Search

Chinese Vaccine

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by SkipJack, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Time will tell on this. I have seen "considerable technological advancement" on bridges - which later collapsed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BEACHBUMM

BEACHBUMM DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 18
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Wish I can send that edited video of that old lady getting vaccinated then became that old lady demon from 'Legion' in here. That would be hilarious. Ha. But I nominate all the politicians to be vaccinated first! Might as well since they have always enjoyed the privilege to get things first than common people (i.e. testing kits when they were initially introduced)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I agree that the mRNA is a technical advancement over the attenuated live virus or dead virus. I don’t agree with people who say politicians should be first in line (just the opposite) because this is a good thing and people who actually need the vaccine and want it should be first in line. But, actually in the USA, the politicians ARE the first to receive it as shown on the video released by that young lady politician AOC, extremely low risk but still a priority because of what they call “continuity of government”. So no more of this “politicians should get it first”. The entire US federal government’s politicians have already (selfishly) beat you to the punch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Well, there is this: "The good thing about the mRNA vaccine is that if you prime with it, you can boost with other types of vaccines (viral vectored, DNA, mRNA…etc). In the future, a mixed prime boost vaccine strategies can be tested to provide long term protective immunity."
    — Prof. Akiko Iwasaki, Yale immunologist (@VirusesImmunity) January 1, 2021

• Informative Informative x 3
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  5. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I think that actually proves my point when I asked how do they know BEFORE they tested - the answer is he doesn't know and no-one knows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Beachbumm, do you know that in the US there is a great demand for the vaccines? The politicians did not have to be “nominated”, they are right there at the front of the line for the sake of “continuity of government”. Nobody had to twist their arms to get a shot. And they like the publicity too, some even creating tiktoc videos of the injections. If you refuse and you were high on the priority list, great. The demand is so high that someone else will be happy to get jabbed in your place. There is little irony in your ‘suggestion’ to give it too politicians first; they wanted it first and they are getting it first and I hear no complaints from them about serious dude effects. Some people are afraid (especially if they think they may be allergic to the PEG chemical, also present in many other vaccines). And they are not forced (nobody is forced, hope you understand that). So your thinking is a bit skewed to the reality in this case; sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I see what you mean. But I'm not sure how to understand the full quote from the Yalie epidemiologist. She (?) seems to be saying that at present, in the present tense, the nRNA vaccine can be (!) treated as a prime, and followed by a different vaccine as booster. But in the second sentence, in future tense, something else, not clear to me--maybe mixed boosters? Scientists don't always write or speak coherently (they are not all Fauci's), they need a "science writer" or editor to clean up things like tense agreement.

This is for me one of the big problems communicating with filipinos, even the college-educated, in English. They don't know tenses. Will they do it, have done it (never have I heard the present perfect used correctly, though I've seen it in the teaching manual for elementary schoolteachers) or will do it?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I understand what you say also - but for me the logic works on the basis that if they have not tested for something then they have no certain knowledge of its effects (and even after testing they could be wrong as, for example, the time factor will not be there). They can say what they think will be the outcome but can never be sure until they test - that is true of even the most brilliant scientist in the World.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    It is always so difficult to understand the real motives of politicians - some really do want to serve the people (yes, really, some do!) but so many are grabbing, self-interested scum.

So some will take the vaccine to help others accept it (although I would never put in my body what some politicians do!) and others just want to be protected and will willingly take the queue ahead of a more needy person.

Get a real disaster (i.e. asteroid or nuke war) and they will be closeted in bunkers (along with Royals) whilst the ordinary folk perish. When/if they all come out, what a cr*p set of genes we will have available to restart the population!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Well, they are doing the mix-match in Britain so we are going to find out. :smile:

• Like Like x 1