Dumaguete Info Search

Chinese Vaccine

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by SkipJack, Nov 21, 2020.

1. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    They already know that you can take the vaccine from multiple suppliers safely. It is only a question of efficacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. EnsureAllure

EnsureAllure DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 10
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not only the efficacy but also they should be transparent to the inserts that the vaccine has so that people will be aware of the possible side-effects and reactions that may occur.

3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    This is what testing should show - to some extent (there being too many variables to be 100% certain). By "inserts" are you referring to the adjuvants?

There is currently no evidence that multiple vaccines (for all vaccines currently being produced) can be taken together as the various combinations have not been tested fully enough and enough time has not elapsed to have certainty.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    By inserts, I suppose he refers to the manufacturer's published description inserted in the box. But the training of staff giving injections will include advice on possible side effects. And advice to stick around for half an hour.

By the way, Singaporeans are not given the option of which vaccine to receive, according to the Straits-Times.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Thanks, I get 'inserts' now. I once went back to my GP to query why the medication he gave me listed as 'side effects' the same symptoms of my condition - he explained that the manufacturers list masses of side-effects to avoid being sued if any arise and he told me to ignore them! (I am aware that we should never ignore the major side-effects: those showing contra-indications and the harmful effects of using with other drugs).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Agree. Polystyrene Glycol (PEG) is used in this and several other vaccines and people who are allergic to it can suffer severe side effects. You are right, I read the inserts when I can but never had a chance to see them with vaccines. I know that in the USA they give you a form covering the side effects and you must sign the form in order to get the drug.

7. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Do you have a cite for that? Curious. Because this says they don't know.

But in the US in particular, which has already been critical of the UK approach to vaccines, there is scepticism.

Trials of the mix-and-match approach to boosters have not been done, although they are planned. In the New York Times, John Moore from Cornell University commented that British officials “seem to have abandoned science completely now and are just trying to guess their way out of a mess”.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said that the authorised Covid-19 vaccines “are not interchangeable” and that “the safety and efficacy of a mixed vaccines series have not been evaluated. Both doses of the series should be completed with the same product.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/society...e-for-england-to-mix-and-match-covid-vaccines

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  8. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Lol, I knew someone was going to ask me for a cite and honestly I was going to say in advance that you shouldn’t ask me for one because I am too darn lazy to go through the search engines and dig it up :-) I saw it in a YouTube video from some respected news source that UK has decided to do the mix and match in order to distribute the stocks they have more widely. So I trust that UK’s NHS would not be risking the health of British citizens in allowing this to happen. Sorry for lack of detail. However, the standard caution of “consult with your medical professional” definitely applies here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    1. Deterring people from wearing masks from the very start of the pandemic. Think Taiwan and why they have had only 7 deaths.
    2. Allowing travel into the country without testing - well, they have just started but 9 months too late. Think Taiwan again. Also, I read, they have excluded UK residents from needing test results! This follows excluding journalists and sports' people from earlier controls. It is amazing how many seem to have a total natural immunity!
    3. Had escalating cases due to the new variant but Boris said on a Sunday that schools were safe to re-open ("no they're not", I exclaimed to myself) - on the Tuesday they closed them!
    4. Infected elderly people discharged from hospital and placed in Care Homes with lots of very vulnerable people. Then major Care Home managers said they will use barrier nursing as soon as a resident shows symptoms - ignoring the spreading from the asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic.

Thousands of UK deaths are down to government incompetence and I cannot believe they followed scientific advice - unless their advisers liked the pay too much to complain.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  10. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Well you know, John Moore from Cornell University does not live in UK and is not completely familiar with the technical details leading up to the UK decision. If I have learned anything from this pandemic it is that advice from professors and bureaucrats, who have no skin in the game. is free as long as they can see their name in a major publication like the NYT. I tend to look at the UK NHS as an organization that at the least will not unnecessarily and gravely risk the lives of UK citizens in these matters; they are probably looking at risk vs benefit in terms of the population.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1