Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing Choosing motorcycle

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Aotearoa, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Ozzyguy

Ozzyguy DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +364 / 182
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Honda ADV would be my choice, I rented one in northern Thailand earlier this year with the view of buying on for the Phils. Was good on the light off road and handled well with the bride on the back. Had it at 100kph two up comfortably.

I recently sold my 2020 Nmax with 7,000km for 100k in Duma was a great bike, very comfy and the wife and I did a round trip of Negros and rode it all over Cebu. Better handling than the Honda ADV in coners due to lower center of gravity but the ADV you site higher and more upright making it better on longer rides. The ADV also has longer travel suspension so better for light off road and the conditions of the local roads.
    Both good bikes, Nmax is better for shorter riders that want to put around town, ADV for a taller rider or someone that wants to go bush a bit.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    Fully agree.

There is only, in my opinion and according to my preferences, one problem.

Honda launched the ADV 150 and X-ADV 750. They missed to launch a medium size bike like ADV 350, which is available but not in the Philippines.

Hence I am looking for a stronger model but not willing to pay 830.000 Peso for the XADV 750, Honda is not any longer a choice.

I still believe for my needs and preferences Kymco DTX 360 would be the given one. It comes with 29 horsepower and you get it for 269.000 Peso.

Despite the fact that I really do like Honda I still don't understand that they are not offering a medium size scooter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ozzyguy

Ozzyguy DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +364 / 182
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    ADV 350 would be a great bike, especially if you added some better tires and Ohlin's shocks. Got no idea why they don't offer it in the Phils. Truck loads of them get sold in Thailand.

I only rode the 150, the 350 was not available at the rental shop but arrived the day I left.

750 would be to heavy in traffic IMO and at that price I'm unsure how they go with sales.

• Like Like x 1
  4. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    for mountain roads here in the Provence I love riding my Sniper 155R Huzzah :smile:

• Like Like x 1